Model's Manager attending Shoot

David Heels is off-line
28 December 2013 12:50
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Hang on everyone. - I caught five minutes of some terrible pranked/candid camera type TV show yesterday, where Helen Flanagan went along to a photo shoot with her manager (a middle aged woman). Okay, so Miss Flanagan isn't a proper model (nor a proper actress) but probably earns considerably more money than most of us on here.

It does happen, and it's not always a sign of amateurism.

Dave

Gerry is off-line
28 December 2013 13:08
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

That will be an agent which most actors and actresses have to get them work in TV & Theatre. It is not quite the same as looking up an internet site to get two or three shoots a week. If a model doesn't have the initiative to do that, I would be worried about what she would be like on the shoot.

Most of them on here are a controlling boyfriend or photographer and I would work on that basis until they proved otherwise, particularly as they are likely the ones sending the messages and not the model
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

KHV is off-line
28 December 2013 13:35
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

Sounds like a boyfriend previously mentioned, or the model is guillable enough to believe that she needs a manager.

Yes those that have a capacity to earn lots do have managers or PR companies behind them but tell the "manager" to jump off the end of the Arkle.

Matthew G is off-line
28 December 2013 15:40
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

When I photograph a new model for the first time and I'm unsure if I can trust her I always ask my 'Manager' to be present just in case they need to manage anything :-)

Profile Pictures is off-line
28 December 2013 18:17
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Maybe they just don't fancy working with you and would rather not say 'chaperone' out loud? Either way, the ball's in your court, why ask the question?

Iestyn Hooper is off-line
28 December 2013 18:34
iestyn
Photographer

Suffolk
Stowmarket

Exactly how much are you paying the model?
If it`s enough to support her and a `manager` I`d be amazed.

Ever booked a model through an agency? did they send a manager along as well? Bet not.

It`s pretty obvious that the chaperone is not really the model`s `manager`.

Chris Dee is off-line
28 December 2013 18:40
ChrisD
Photographer
ChrisD
Hampshire

This 
Quote from Gerry99111
Most of them on here are a controlling boyfriend or photographer and I would work on that basis until they proved otherwise, particularly as they are likely the ones sending the messages and not the model

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
28 December 2013 20:35
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

Quote from IainT
Internet models don't need managers. A "model manager" is another term for a boyfriend who wants to be "involved" in the models career or is pimping them out. The minute I hear the term "manager" at internet level...I imediately think...mmmm...thats one to be avoided. And as for dealing with "model managers", not only would I not have them anywhere near a shoot, I would not knowingly have any dealings with them at all.

+0.99 ...

I agree on all of that, except that if they have a manager I won't entirely avoid the model, since the manager is probably only a temporary obstacle.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

Laurence Power is off-line
29 December 2013 06:00
LaurenceJPower
Photographer
LaurenceJPower
Surrey
Esher

Personally I can't see a problem, as has been mentioned use the person as a free assistant, and if there are problems with the model, get the manager to sort them out. Better a happy model, confident and looking forward to work than somebody timid and concerned however needlessly for their safety. As for the manager's fees, that's a matter which is between the model and the manager and is of no concern of the photographer.
Laurence J. Power

KHV is off-line
29 December 2013 06:18
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

I just thought you could say it would be OK to bring her manager, if you could bring your manager............

15 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
missminiskirt Trinalee
azurphotos djb1 Don_Dark duncanjames fannmore GerryS2 jake_istvan JohnDentonPhoto Lumen Paz photomart Rscott360 Stevew1