Reminder Secure

How do I stop people asking me for adult!?

Jessica Fox is off-line
26 December 2013 06:47
bacardi
Model

South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Hi everyone, I'm not sure if I must look like an adult model or what it is about me but I'm sick of people messaging me about adult work. I have made sure my profile states that I do not do adult and also made sure I have not ticked the box for adult but yet I still get photographers messaging me about it and some even pushing it slightly after I have said no. I don't want to come across as ignorant or rude by ignoring when people when they ask me about it but I would like some advice of what else I should put on my profile to stop people asking in the first place?

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
26 December 2013 07:30
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

The ignorant ones are the photographers who deliberately go around ignoring models clearly stated limits.

Report email and block seems the obvious route. Even if the odd one does come back suggesting something within your limits it will only be with the hope they can pressure you into working to higher levels later.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Amber West is off-line
26 December 2013 07:32
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

You can't really. Looking at your profile, your levels are clearly stated, and I can't see how you can really make it much clearer. I can only assume that they are chancres, and wondering that if because you do open leg/UK mag, if they can be the ones to push you into doing full on top shelf stuff (photographers make a mint if they are the first ones to shoot someone at a high level).
It's not your fault at all, it's theirs. Just reply back a firm, 'No, as it states on my profile I do not' and then block if if you fancy doing that.

I'm not sure… maybe someone else can answer this, but if you have said 'NO' to first message, (plus it's on your profile you don't do certain things) and then they send another message pushing, then surely that is 'level pushing/badgering' and can be reported to admins?

Gerry is off-line
26 December 2013 07:35
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

I would consider amending the text to read "PLEASE NOTE, I DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE REQUESTS FOR ADULT AND ANY THAT IGNORE THIS POLITE REQUEST WILL BE REPORTED".

At the moment, you just say you will ignore their requests for adult. As they are not interested in anything else, they don't care if you ignore them, so they will ask anyway.

If enough people report the same profile for what is in effect level pushing, the site admin may take the view they are a pest and deal with them
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Jaye  is off-line
26 December 2013 07:44
jessicard
Model
This member has been reset to pending
jessicard
Vale of Glamorgan
Cardiff

I state I only do adult for publication and still get chances who obviously haven't read my profile.

If I get a message asking for high levels from someone that is not publishing I tend to put "sure but I'd be charging you a "fan rate" of £300ph"

That tends to shut them up - haven't had any replies back since!
http://jayerose.tumblr.com/

26 December 2013 07:54
Socialdisaster
Photographer

You can't stop them, end of. Yes, it sucks. I'm fairly certain the moment you have have glamour / nude shots on your port, the chancers will think you do more. if I were you, I'd just block them, that's the easiest.

Now, it's not a defense but I am going to add something here.

There are many models who do work to higher levels than they state here. There are more than a few that state "no open leg, no adult" who, in fact, do. When I put an adult CC out I can guarantee I will get models who don't do adult responding and, every time, I mailed them back and ask them if they realize - and they do. They just don't advertise it and often they say this is simply to put off what they feel are GWCs.

My point is that while no photographer should ignore your levels ever, the flipside is a community where it's not hard to imagine a model does higher levels.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Chris Dee is off-line
26 December 2013 08:08
ChrisD
Photographer
ChrisD
Hampshire

How do I stop people asking me for adult!?  ... You cannot.

Rich H is off-lineGold Member
26 December 2013 08:59
digitalmood
Photographer
digitalmood
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

what do you actually consider to be adult work? I would consider open leg to be adult - but this is a quote from your profile

"Prices start from £20ph for up to art nude, minimum of 2 hour booking required plus travel costs. Please contact me for open leg, half/full day prices. I will consider negotiation when it comes to costs depending on circumstance."

www.digitalmood.co.uk

26 December 2013 09:08
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from digitalmood
what do you actually consider to be adult work? I would consider open leg to be adult - but this is a quote from your profile

"Prices start from £20ph for up to art nude, minimum of 2 hour booking required plus travel costs. Please contact me for open leg, half/full day prices. I will consider negotiation when it comes to costs depending on circumstance."

Oh wow... i didn't see that! open leg = adult for sure.

thread suddenly doesn't look so good

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Jessica Fox is off-line
26 December 2013 09:53
bacardi
Model

South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Thanks for advice everyone. I personally never considered UK open leg as adult unless toys, fingers, spreading ect are involved. Probably best to remove the 'open leg' off my profile as it seems in general a lot people consider it as adult.

34 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
mandymack Michelledefeo1 michellehush zavego
Belemboo claypaws DarkArtDan dirkus djb1 donaldmac duncanjames Enigmafife GlasgowPhotographer kaosrox kennykaboom Kentrichuk Ladiesman love lysander mikehemmings Moodie pcmphotography powerbook92 Rscott360 siclews Snooper911 stevegosh steveh32 Stoker thelook tonypage two_stops viewphotographic
harbourstudio