20 December 2013 15:46
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

"he had no qualifications"

Oh dear indeed!
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Gerry is off-line
20 December 2013 15:52
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

"He has no intention of returning to the field. He did it for the money to increase his income. What happened to the two women was wholly out of character."

Wow, considering this was probably the worst career choice to make money, that comment stinks
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
20 December 2013 16:15
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

Typical gutter-skymouse is a naughty person e journalism.

" he invited young women to contact him to get their portfolio pictures shot - despite having no professional qualifications or experience."

What fraction of photographers on this and similar sites who provide images for models' portfolios have professional qualifications and experience?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

OldMaster is off-line
20 December 2013 16:19
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

...."told her he wanted to measure her breasts from nipple to nipple to avoid shadows in the pictures"

Wow, that's a new one? Would say a disgrace to the profession but of course he wasn't a photographer. Why wasn't it blindingly obvious from the moment they stepped into "his studio"?

Fortunately in this case an upsetting incident which could have had a much worse result I guess...but a reminder where there are gullible people there will always be some low life happy to take advantage.

Despite some abusers of modelling sites for nefarious purpose it is still safer for prospective models to go through the process of reference checking and checking portfolios before ending up in some deviants bedroom?

Take care ladies (and guys)this Christmas!

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
20 December 2013 16:20
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from skymouse
What fraction of photographers on this and similar sites who provide images for models' portfolios have professional qualifications and experience?

Probably very few, but then the general public need something to judge a photographer by as they're too bloody thick to open their eyes and judge for themselves.

I do wonder however if he was CRB checked though, it would have been an interesting twist to the story if the press had noted that (if he was).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Paul Hodson is off-line
20 December 2013 16:33
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

In fairness

"Toby Burrows, defending, said his client was estranged from his wife and had rheumatoid arthritis. He accepted the findings of the court and that his victims has suffered some discomfort."

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Steve Guy is off-line
20 December 2013 17:56
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

Ah! Kent Online. For a moment there I mis-read it.

21 December 2013 08:46
johnlp
Photographer

Quote from RedChecker

I do wonder however if he was CRB checked though,

Now called DBS.

Oliver Cook is off-line
22 December 2013 23:14
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Malta

"He did it for the money to increase his income." - WTF? I literally rolled on the floor laughing (but I am rather drunk so it may have been that).

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray astramore maria_dyl Sandycub
Cheshunt83 copperbronze Dandelion david1500 dg_Images Don_Dark donwinslow eosfan Essexjohn freddie H_M_D_P James7799 liteangle MauricesImagery MIB panda49 philippahh photomart rod_m99 Rscott360 stevegosh Studio4 Thunder_Photos tim_oh842 Wtphotos