Stupid idea?

Street Model is off-line
23 December 2013 16:29
StreetModel
Photographer
StreetModel
Essex
Upminster / All UK

It reminds me of when I used to teach computer courses. The trainers used to ask the delegates NOT to ask their peers for help, especially with questions to test their knowledge because the first few questions were helpful and tested the delegate, but after a while, the questions asked were basically to show how much the asker knew and had nothing to do with the delegates need for help.

Help in some of the areas you suggest is good, but after a while, might you be in danger of helping someone to take customers that you would want?
It could be Lupus.... It is NEVER Lupus!!

Jon E is off-line
23 December 2013 17:57
Bayrunner
Photographer
Bayrunner
Devon
Seaton, E Devon.

Many such groups already exist at all levels of the business: Many 'mainstream' professionals have realised that several of the various organisations no longer have the interests of photography at heart, and have formed their own 'think tank' groups to network on techniques, products and marketing.

One group of which I am aware meet three times a year with members from Ireland, Scotland, Wales and all parts of the UK, so its not just local groups: Its a case of finding a number of like minded individuals who will COMMIT to the aims of the group - just takes someone to get it together.

Oscars Photostudio is off-line
24 December 2013 08:12
oscar
Photographer
oscar
Cheshire
Nr Warrington

Who, What, Where, When, Why?

Ian Butterfield is off-line
24 December 2013 10:55
ianbutty
Photographer
ianbutty
Greater Manchester
Stockport

silverk just sent you a PM about this. Depending on exactly what you have in mind I might be interested in hosting this at my studio.  http://www.ians-studio.co.uk - my main area of business is helping to develope the skills of local photographers (pro and hobbist) so what you are describing is a good match to what I am already doing.

Ian.
*** Studio now open - see www.ians-studio.co.uk / Purestorm studio profile: iansstudio ***

15 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ayaphilips chosin
azurphotos bengie chandos dby47 dorrian JRFox mauricesimagery mlp oro Pjsphotos RenedeHaan Spiritofwales stevegosh