Reminder Secure

Stupid idea?

19 December 2013 08:40
silverk
Photographer

I have had a really stupid, nay, crazy idea! What if, say a few or even a group of photographers in the same area get together and network. I was thinking, you know, about helping out each other in marketing, lighting techniques, business promotion, collaboration to enhance profitability that sort of thing?

Course we could just forget about that and just use the forums for bitching but if you are interested in my idea then email me direct.

19 December 2013 08:43
Socialdisaster
Photographer

isnt that what all the localised meets, studio days, workshops and so on, are for?
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
19 December 2013 09:29
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

If people in reality are anything like the moaning old hags you get on the forums on a daily basis then no, it's not a good idea.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
19 December 2013 09:52
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

Quote from RedChecker
If people in reality are anything like the moaning old hags you get on the forums on a daily basis then no, it's not a good idea.

+1

raw and the cooked is online
20 December 2013 04:22
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

If you made it a profoto appreciation group, I am sure Red checker would join in a precise flash!

20 December 2013 11:55
silverk
Photographer

Quote from Rawandthecooked
If you made it a profoto appreciation group, I am sure Red checker would join in a precise flash!

Perhaps if you stopped sniping at other members and concentrated on your own business you might not get negative feedback. When you look at the scores Red Checker has 32 positive and no negatives and yours are?
Perhaps being a member of a profoto appreciation group might be something you want to consider?

Paul Jones is off-line
20 December 2013 13:06
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Quote from silverk
I have had a really stupid, nay, crazy idea! What if, say a few or even a group of photographers in the same area get together and network. I was thinking, you know, about helping out each other in marketing, lighting techniques, business promotion, collaboration to enhance profitability that sort of thing? Course we could just forget about that and just use the forums for bitching but if you are interested in my idea then email me direct.

It's not such a crazy idea.  I regularly meet up with photographers who share similar interests.

Best regards
Paul

www.PaulJones.org

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
20 December 2013 18:30
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

If you ever come up to the frozen wastes of Scotland we do this with the SCN.
Usually a lot of fun.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

raw and the cooked is online
21 December 2013 12:10
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

Quote from silverk

Perhaps if you stopped sniping at other members and concentrated on your own business you might not get negative feedback. When you look at the scores Red Checker has 32 positive and no negatives and yours are?
Perhaps being a member of a profoto appreciation group might be something you want to consider?

Thank you for your input, (not) in my experience Red Checker is perfectly able to look after himself, and is indeed a profoto fan. I have one negative reference, which frankly I see no reason to defend. I fail to see what business it is of yours.As I am an elinchrom man myself,I fail to see why I would be interested in profoto appreciation. Are you judge and jury on this site, and what,precisely, are you inferring?

theperfectgentleman is off-line
21 December 2013 14:40
theperfectgentleman
Photographer
theperfectgentleman
Essex
Chelmsford

Quote from RedChecker

can you put that mirror away.

39 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
astramore Cody Skylerlondon
63jian andyf antoinewynn Belemboo carshaltonkev casell Cheshunt83 chriscooze clayfieldimages Dandelion dby47 digitalheavens firsttake freddie gkeesuk gshocker30 Jonathan52 liteangle Mantisphoto Matthieulefevre MauricesImagery moritz78 mrdl newbie2 Rawandthecooked Rule_of_Thumb RupertRudd saturn933 shadowtime74 siclews spiritofwales stevegosh sweepman vapourtrail westend_portfolios
harbourstudio