Neil Anderson is off-line
19 December 2013 08:06
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from Kiboko
Ah well, according to Silverk, (6th response to the thread), "the only way we get better is by being critiqued".

Not much point in critiquing a third party who has never posted on this thread (even if this were true).
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Adam B is off-line
19 December 2013 08:22
severndigital
Photographer

Shropshire
Shrewsbury

Stolenfaces et al. Perhaps I was unkind in my post, I didn't intend to be , however, she does have two good images and some others that aren't as "polished" ( well said that man) .
Good luck to the model in question, I'm sure she will find an amazing photographer to work with. In future I'll stick to "gr8 images Hun" if I ever feel like passing a comment again.

G Jack B is off-line
19 December 2013 09:56
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

Quote from severndigital
Stolenfaces et al. Perhaps I was unkind in my post, I didn't intend to be , however, she does have two good images and some others that aren't as "polished" ( well said that man) . Good luck to the model in question, I'm sure she will find an amazing photographer to work with. In future I'll stick to "gr8 images Hun" if I ever feel like passing a comment again.

I think you will find that it is a "unwritten" rule that one does not comment on another portfolio unless invited to do so.  Its all to do with living in glass house I think.blush
Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

Barney Allen is off-line
19 December 2013 14:28
BarneyAllen
Photographer
BarneyAllen
North Yorkshire
Harrogate

Quote from Blacklion
If she's looking for a top quality photographer to help her put a portfolio together, why doesn't she approach one instead of insulting everyone that applied to her casting!

And why doesn't she pay for one too?

Model agencies don't rely on TFCD work for their models' portfolios so why are unsigned models looking to improve their port seemingly so unwilling to invest in it?

TFCD should be for photographers and models learning the trade and starting to build a portfolio or for fun shoots, concepts, personal projects etc. so models, photographers, MUA etc. should set their expectations to work with others at around the same level of experience as they are.

The trouble, is everyone seems to be after something for nothing these days.

Mike is off-line
20 December 2013 03:30
Clicketyclick666
Photographer

Somerset
Near Yeovil

Quote from BarneyAllen

The trouble, is everyone seems to be after something for nothing these days.

As one free member of this website to another, can you spot the irony here?

raw and the cooked is off-line
20 December 2013 03:34
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

I applied for that one as well. Clearly she is blind as well as tasteless. Everyone knows I am amaze balls!

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
20 December 2013 04:00
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

I'm sorry to sound thick, but how do you folks know which particular model is being ridiculed on this occasion, and also how many applications she's received and how many replies she's sent?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

raw and the cooked is off-line
20 December 2013 04:16
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

Ah, skymouse, it isn't hard to have a look it the castings, I am not knocking her, she has a couple of outstanding assets! Also, just moaning as I am clearly not worthy!

Adam B is off-line
21 December 2013 03:26
severndigital
Photographer

Shropshire
Shrewsbury

Quote from Plymjack
I think you will find that it is a "unwritten" rule that one does not comment on another portfolio unless invited to do so.  Its all to do with living in glass house I think.

Ah , I genuinely didn't realise that, thank you for enlightening me. I was rather puzzled by one of the responses to my comments as it seemed to be inferring something that certainly was not mentioned or implied in my post. I'll go back to drinking lemsip and feeling sorry for myself till my "man flu" goes

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
21 December 2013 05:13
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

I didn,t know who was being talked about until the casting was pointed out and have only just seen it.

Badly worded and disrespectful, yes. But she is clearly has the potential to be of a high standard..I can see how she would want a really excellent photographer...decent images could lift her to a completely diffirent level. The truth is there are very few people capable of and probably willing to provide them. most applicants will probably be fantasists or freeloaders and the few applicants who geniunely could give her something will be lost in the dross or she will be to inexperienced to identify the right applicant

I have no doubt she has been inundated with useless offers and "advice" on how to place castings and has now probably left the site in disgust

So my offer of paid work is probably pointless..
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

6 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
android_man Antz dby47 flair_photography Pval Steveh32