Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
18 December 2013 15:46
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Blacklion
If she's looking for a top quality photographer to help her put a portfolio together, why doesn't she approach one instead of insulting everyone that applied to her casting!

Jesus wept!  How has she insulted anyone?

And besides, perhaps she's not aware of who the top photographers are.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

18 December 2013 16:04
silverk
Photographer

Quote from Kiboko
Whether I'd be prepared to accept a critique from a model is another matter, if it were to merley assert it wasn't good enough, that would give me little to go on as to how to improve.

If a model criticised my work I would be happy to hear from them, in fact if anybody took issue with my work I would listen. As the saying goes advice can be given but it doesnt have to be taken!

David Heels is off-line
18 December 2013 16:06
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Quote from Gerry99111
Why? She was looking for something specific and it sounds like all and sundry have chanced their arm. Why sould she waste further time on them or risk another 50 unsuitable applicants

Simple good manners.

I would have though it's also good business practice. Although she may not rate any of these fifty photographers now, there is a chance that some of them will improve in time, or be offering paid work in the future, that she quite fancies.

Dave

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
18 December 2013 16:09
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Gerry is off-line
18 December 2013 16:17
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Quote from Crippen
Simple good manners.

I would have though it's also good business practice. Although she may not rate any of these fifty photographers now, there is a chance that some of them will improve in time, or be offering paid work in the future, that she quite fancies.

Dave

People here have taken offense and called her insulting because she just said the ones that applied were not to the required standard. People here are prepared to argue why she owes her a reply.

These are exactly the reasons why she is wise to not reply
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Paul Jones is off-line
18 December 2013 16:28
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Quote from Kiboko
Apparently it's the second casting call the model's posted in a couple of days, over 50 replies received and NONE of the applicants was good enough! 

Good for her in being choosy.

Whenever a new model asks about TFP there's usually lots of photographers advising them to be "selective in who they work with".  It seems this young lady is just following that advice.  I cannot see why some people are taking umbrage over it.

Quote from Kiboko
I for one welcome critiques from someone qualified by way of known stature in the photographic industry...

Whether I'd be prepared to accept a critique from a model is another matter...   

I honestly don't think that one needs photographic distinctions or letters after ones name to know whether an image grabs you or not.

If one is touting for TFP shoots from models**, then it makes sense to listen to what they have to say.

(** Not necessarily aimed at Kiboko)

Best regards
Paul
www.PaulJones.org

18 December 2013 16:46
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from Paul_Jones
I cannot see why some people are taking umbrage over it.

Perhaps it's just the style. Could you imagine a photographer posting a cc that said "I had 50 models reply to this previously, but none were any good, so I'm here again"?

They'd be hung drawn and quartered by models, white knights and slobbering do gooders.

Always amusing when a pretty young woman is allowed to get away with things.

Says a lot.

A very lot.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Gerry is off-line
18 December 2013 17:19
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Quote from Socialdisaster
Perhaps it's just the style. Could you imagine a photographer posting a cc that said "I had 50 models reply to this previously, but none were any good, so I'm here again"? They'd be hung drawn and quartered by models, white knights and slobbering do gooders. Always amusing when a pretty young woman is allowed to get away with things. Says a lot. A very lot.

They would be wrong as well then.

Its a casting and its the caster's business how they choose to conduct themselves and there is the report button if its offensive. How anyone normal can find anything offensive in saying none of the previous applicants was good enough is beyond me. Drama Queen or what?
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Amber West is off-line
18 December 2013 17:22
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

I'm confused - how do you know 50 photographers applied? Maybe it was a figure of speech? A hyperbole?
Is she asking for something very specific? Well curious now!

Amber West is off-line
18 December 2013 18:01
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

Okay, a kind person just sent me the casting in question - so hey, it's not the most tactfully worded casting, but I've seen worse. And I still think 50 is likely a gross exaggeration. I personally no longer do castings in order to get TFCD, but in the past I have and you DO get some real chancers.

14 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
MissInk78 pinklilly SJH30
bogan browny7 Edphoto Fluffypup George99 Hazy photostevo redtail RenedeHaan sammylhel Steveh32