I love chocolate

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
18 December 2013 11:58
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from Gerry99111
A Silver member hardly needs to put up a casting looking for cash and trying to pretend its a TFP.

I actually think she wants exactly what she cast for. I would lay money that most of the applicants were a mixture of chancers and GWC's and a few that maybe could take a half decent picture. Not what she wants at all.

It is pretty obvious she is looking for a top quality photographer to help get her somewhere - the sort with a great pedigree of published work and those don't bother scouring the TFP requests on the castings.

I have to be honest...I made a cynical assumption as usually these castings are TF disguised as looking for payment (apparently)

I haven,t seen the casting...maybe I should apply..?..

I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

David Heels is off-line
18 December 2013 12:29
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Let's hope she has the courtesy to reply to everyone who took the time to offer their services free of charge, rather than just leave a slightly insulting comment in her next casting call.

Dave

Neil Anderson is off-line
18 December 2013 12:34
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from Crippen
Let's hope she has the courtesy to reply to everyone who took the time to offer their services free of charge, rather than just leave a slightly insulting comment in her next casting call.

Dave

'free of charge' ---- I thought people who practiced TF always claim it's not free, but a fair exchange

Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
18 December 2013 14:02
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

Quote from profilepictures
I think you'd better grow up a little Kiboko, being snidey about a rejection to a casting hardly makes you look especially reasonable does it? We all aren't good enough sometimes, on this occasion, you weren't. Get better or ignore, or shush, just don't whine about it.

Didn't apply. 

Gerry is off-line
18 December 2013 14:15
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Quote from Crippen
Let's hope she has the courtesy to reply to everyone who took the time to offer their services free of charge, rather than just leave a slightly insulting comment in her next casting call. Dave

Why? She was looking for something specific and it sounds like all and sundry have chanced their arm. Why sould she waste further time on them or risk another 50 unsuitable applicants
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

18 December 2013 14:17
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

Quote from silverk
Well I have applied for the second casting, if she says no then she wont be the first and wont be the last. The only way we get better is by being critiqued!

Wish you luck, but I would add, I for one welcome critiques from someone qualified by way of known stature in the photographic industry, - my picture agency for example sometimes rejects an image I've submitted and there's usually a reason given with which one can't argue. AP runs a reader's section in which images submitted are critiqued in a positive way, ie., advice as to how the image could have been better taken or improved post-production, but not a slating if you get my gist. Whether I'd be prepared to accept a critique from a model is another matter, if it were to merley assert it wasn't good enough, that would give me little to go on as to how to improve. More to the point, do you really believe that the rejections are each to receive a balanced critique? No replies more like. Let me know if you receive a no together with a critique providing reasons. Odds are you won't.   

18 December 2013 14:22
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

Quote from profilepictures
Ah right, might mistake sorry. Mind you, complaining about it and it having no relevance to you is still whining.

Flipping heck YOU are a whinger! - I posted this because I found it rather amusing and thought others might find it likewise if they'd not seen it. 

Paul Hodson is off-line
18 December 2013 14:23
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from IainT
...maybe I should apply..?..

If you think you are good enough...............  wink
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

18 December 2013 14:36
Blacklion
Photographer

If she's looking for a top quality photographer to help her put a portfolio together, why doesn't she approach one instead of insulting everyone that applied to her casting!

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 klouise1992 Michelledefeo1 shadowsfire
Antony13 cliffc djb1 ElegantCaptures extra_mayo GSC4X iestyn JSP KDP Ladiesman lfc9_uk nemesis Steveh32 stibnite Tonypage