Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
18 December 2013 08:50
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from Kiboko
 Apparently it's the second casting call the model's posted in a couple of days, over 50 replies received and NONE of the applicants was good enough! 

That's just t'internet mirroring the real world for once; a world where for every successful applicant interviewed scores or even hundreds don't make it past the first hurdle.

What surprises me is that the model concerned only had fifty offers of TF from guys pitching beyond their skills level.

Bob

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
18 December 2013 09:40
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Lol...Its not about whether your photographic skills are good enough, its about whether you are good enough to pay or not...offer her enough and you'll be good enough, I'm pretty sure about that..
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

18 December 2013 09:57
Socialdisaster
Photographer

I saw that casting, was amusing. But mostly because I am (constantly) suprised at how people don't realize how they portray themselves.

Even if i was awesome enough to apply, I wouldn't, the CC just shows someone I wouldn't want to spend time with. Not to mention the fact her port was hardly "all that".

Perhaps it was a language thing, though, who knows. She isn't English.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
18 December 2013 09:59
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I love these forums
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Paul Hodson is off-line
18 December 2013 10:13
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from IainT
Lol...Its not about whether your photographic skills are good enough, its about whether you are good enough to pay or not...offer her enough and you'll be good enough, I'm pretty sure about that..

Oo - you are cynical!  wink
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Frank Sinnott is off-line
18 December 2013 10:18
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

I suspects there be some kind of wind up going on.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
18 December 2013 10:25
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Nope
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Profile Pictures is off-line
18 December 2013 10:27
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Ah right, might mistake sorry.

Mind you, complaining about it and it having no relevance to you is still whining.

18 December 2013 10:59
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from profilepictures

Mind you, complaining about it and it having no relevance to you is still whining.

Exactly. Just as you were whining about the OP's post, a post which had no relevance to you.

Gerry is off-line
18 December 2013 10:59
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

A Silver member hardly needs to put up a casting looking for cash and trying to pretend its a TFP.

I actually think she wants exactly what she cast for. I would lay money that most of the applicants were a mixture of chancers and GWC's and a few that maybe could take a half decent picture. Not what she wants at all.

It is pretty obvious she is looking for a top quality photographer to help get her somewhere - the sort with a great pedigree of published work and those don't bother scouring the TFP requests on the castings.
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Claretberet ElleLaura Emmaheron GLORIA_S missloulou
bob22 clarmike digitizer djb1 frank4 j_project Kjoservices MIB photostevo redbaron Rscott360 Snooper911 Steveh32 xposed
harbourstudio Lensmaster