This thread is being watched by 1 person
Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
18 December 2013 05:28
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

Glad I wasn't one of the photographers applying for a certain casting call which has appeared. Apparently it's the second casting call the model's posted in a couple of days, over 50 replies received and NONE of the applicants was good enough! 

Paul Hodson is off-line
18 December 2013 05:37
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

I though the travel to Fantasy World was the problem - take too long to get there.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Gerry is off-line
18 December 2013 05:50
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Call me sceptical but there is a chance that 50 photographers who may apply just won't be good enough! Maybe for once the model has got her head screwed on properly instead of settling for pictures of little value like many do.
Whether she should be using the castings and whether her terms are attractive enough to find what she is looking for is another thing but to be honest, its none of our business unless she asks for help
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Kevin White is off-lineSilver Member
18 December 2013 06:00
MightyWhite
Photographer
MightyWhite
Berkshire
Ascot

Me thinks she may have to put her hand in her pocket to get what she thinks she wants.

But even then her expectations might be too high so I'd be very wary.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
18 December 2013 06:09
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Yes, there's a lot of RedChecker is a naughty person photographers on these sites unfortunately.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Profile Pictures is off-line
18 December 2013 06:36
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I think you'd better grow up a little Kiboko, being snidey about a rejection to a casting hardly makes you look especially reasonable does it?

We all aren't good enough sometimes, on this occasion, you weren't. Get better or ignore, or shush, just don't whine about it.

18 December 2013 07:16
silverk
Photographer

Well I have applied for the second casting, if she says no then she wont be the first and wont be the last. The only way we get better is by being critiqued!

G Jack B is off-line
18 December 2013 08:56
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

I have applied if only for the honour of joining a list..... but good for her . She looks a good model so should be picky, OK her casting lacks a bit of Xmas spirit but ho ho ho....

Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

18 December 2013 09:40
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from profilepictures
being snidey about a rejection to a casting

We all aren't good enough sometimes, on this occasion, you weren't.

Maybe you should read posts properly before having a dig at people. He clearly says in his opening sentence he's glad he wasn't one of those photographers who'd applied to that casting call.

Paul Hodson is off-line
18 December 2013 09:45
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from profilepictures
I think you'd better grow up a little Kiboko, being snidey about a rejection to a casting hardly makes you look especially reasonable does it?

We all aren't good enough sometimes, on this occasion, you weren't. Get better or ignore, or shush, just don't whine about it.

To be fair - he hadn't applied!

I don't have a problem with her being selective - but there are ways of responding to applications without announcing that no-one is good enough for her! It may of course be that those who have not applied feel much the same way!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs missminiskirt Vickiej
abouncer antoinewynn Chadite Cheshunt83 cliffc Don_Dark James7799 johntisbury jpdo Kjoservices mamamiya mghphoto MIB natkins NigelAdams Nunude Phiesta1 Photojames43 redwrenstudios Studio4 thelook Thunder_Photos viewphotographic whitepython