Leaving bad feedback?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Matthew G is off-line
15 December 2013 19:23
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

This isn't a feel sorry for me post or a no show post in disguise... I had what I class as a no show today. I was pretty confident that it was going to be a no show and I was right. The model in question has lots and lots of possitive feedbacks but this is the third time in a couple of years that I have tried to arange a shoot for a specific date and time and the chain of emails just goes down the same route... 

So the question is, what is the point of leaving bad feedback on a model that has tonnes of possitives. You are going to be classed as the bad guy as you're the odd one out. Nobody will really take a scrap of notice of it as It's one bad in 50 possitives. You also feel spiteful and mean by leaving a bad reference.... especially at this time of year that everybody is supposed to be in a festive spirit. In the grand scheme of life, not showing up for a shoot is not the end of the world... 

theperfectgentleman is off-line
15 December 2013 19:34
theperfectgentleman
Photographer
theperfectgentleman
Essex
Chelmsford

perhaps she doesn't want to work with you?
but cares for your feelings

Matthew G is off-line
15 December 2013 19:56
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

You wouldn't really book a shoot in and agree a price if you didn't want to work with someone? That's just my thinking :-)

Gerry is off-line
15 December 2013 20:20
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

If everything was tied up pretty tight with your discussions in all the shoots you tried to arrange, why were you even trying to arrange a 2nd or 3rd shoot?

If it wasn't, then no shoot was actually confirmed.

If you are only offering TF, would the model be of high risk to no show if they got a paid job come along?

We don't know the answer to these points but you and the model do and it is probably unwise for us to offer an opinion that would be affected by these points
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

OldMaster is off-line
15 December 2013 21:11
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

Why would it matter how many positives? The choice is yours of course but one aspect of negative is to flag up the issue for others. You have to decide whether you want to use the system or not. As you don't seem to be asking for opinions I am not sure what you are trying to achieve with this post except togain support for your actions or lack of them?

Paige is off-lineSilver Member
16 December 2013 03:00
PaigeAntonia
Model

Derbyshire

I think, if I were in your shoes, I would ignore it and put it down to experience. I certainly wouldnt try to book her again. If she is a serial offender its only a matter of time before others leave her bad feedback. Did she contact to cancel or just not turn up with no explanation? Maybe 'theperfectgentleman' was right and she just doesnt want to work with you but then why agree in the firt place??

Its models like that that get us the 'flaky' reputation

16 December 2013 04:40
johnlp
Photographer

If she didn't turn up, "no show".

If she cancelled within 18 hours of the shoot then "late cancelation". You decide whether it is with or without a decent reason.

I do it every time. Once there is one blue face, it might give confidence to other photographers to do the same, if it is happening to them. One blue face is not the end of their career, but it does send out a warning signal which others can benefit from.

Amber West is off-line
16 December 2013 07:21
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

... the thing is, what if everyone thinks, 'oh I don't want to be the bad guy' and just leaves it? Maybe you are in actual fact the twentieth person she did this with?

16 December 2013 07:31
Socialdisaster
Photographer

I remember a joke from my teen years, which I won't repeat in full but it's about a world war "ace" fighter pilot with one of the best kill scores in the force, he's known as name "****sucker" name. And the punchline is "I do my best for my country but I suck one lousy **** and that's all I'm known for".

it was a crap joke really, but is good to illustrate why leaving one bad feedback IS important.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Chrissie Red is off-line
16 December 2013 07:32
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from MG
This isn't a feel sorry for me post or a no show post in disguise... I had what I class as a no show today. I was pretty confident that it was going to be a no show and I was right. The model in question has lots and lots of possitive feedbacks but this is the third time in a couple of years that I have tried to arange a shoot for a specific date and time and the chain of emails just goes down the same route... 

So the question is, what is the point of leaving bad feedback on a model that has tonnes of possitives. You are going to be classed as the bad guy as you're the odd one out. Nobody will really take a scrap of notice of it as It's one bad in 50 possitives. You also feel spiteful and mean by leaving a bad reference.... especially at this time of year that everybody is supposed to be in a festive spirit. In the grand scheme of life, not showing up for a shoot is not the end of the world... 

It doesn't matter how many positives somebody has, if a model has messed you around/ no shown/ late cancelled and not given you a valid excuse (that you accept) then leave a negative feedback, she might be less likely to mess folks around in future if she has to face the consequences of her actions. If I seen a negative amongst the positives then I would probably message you directly and ask what happened - I wouldn't presume you are the bad guy, I would think "good on him for being honest".

35 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Bluesapphire dillon1993 Krystald RobynJayne toxicinnocence
Boosh D_H_P djb1 fannmore firsttake GlasgowPhotographer IanHighlander James7799 john_at_tina_spice JohnWindsor jpegster lester2705 liteangle MauricesImagery midnite Musicman muz nemesis philippahh photomart rembrandt Rhadamanthus rod_m99 rscott360 Scotography Sp_digital Stoker streetmodel trampmajor Willy_O