Reminder Secure

1st shoot with d800

13 December 2013 08:52
acroshaw
Photographer

I was going to do a post on here, but had the usual problem getting the images to show (I know, it's simple enough, but I was having a senior moment). I've put it on the croshaw blog instead, along with a few piccys!
http://www.mikecroshaw.com/2013/12/13/first-shoot-with-d800/

Paul Jones is off-line
13 December 2013 13:33
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

http://www.mikecroshaw.com/2013/12/13/first-shoot-with-d800/

That's a really good blog post, Anthony.  cheeky

Best regards
Paul
www.PaulJones.org (Glamour / Portraits / NSFW)

Keith Monroe is off-lineSilver Member
13 December 2013 14:48
kflashm
Photographer
kflashm
Devon
Paignton

enjoyed the read and nice pics
TF MODELS ALWAYS SOUGHT AFTER, TRAVEL USUALLY HELPED WITH.

13 December 2013 16:29
acroshaw
Photographer

Thanks guys, I'll be posting more on the lighting and post processing soon, blogging is fun !

Kev Hurdle is off-line
13 December 2013 16:53
photovibestudio
Studio

Essex
Benfleet

Agree with your summary of the D800 and the way you have used it makes sense. I struggle with mine, cos I am really not a tripod kind of person....so quite often I find myself preferring to pick up the D3 or Fuji Xpro. But, as you say, when you get it right, the dynamic range is super on the D800. Kev.

Neil Anderson is off-line
14 December 2013 05:51
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Have you tried shooting RAW + jpg - as the jpg is such high res, for most 'batch processing' of lower res photos it will produce excellent results (assuming correct exposure etc).
You then have the full raw to fall back on if you find some pics where the exposure/colour balance is wrong or particularly difficult.

I'm not sure, but I think Canon have traditionally applied more aggressive (default) processing on jpgs than Nikon, so if you are used to jpgs from small canon sensors it's worth having a look at D800 jpgs.
The double slots makes it easy to write raw to one slot and jpg to another.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Carliegomez24 Katieann1
AaronKent Davidhunt dby47 Foxwellphoto George99 jccj1 Kjoservices nickdandalos Platidonio redbaron skymouse Spiritofwales stevegosh Thunder_Photos