FRAUD WARNING

Suzy Monty is off-line
08 December 2013 12:09
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Having checked our monthly bank statement, I noticed several payments made to O2 UK Pay & Go - strange, I thought, as hubby and I both have monthly D/D accounts with Orange/EE Mobile. We have never had pay as you go...

So I Googled and found this - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4513881

Thankfully, our bank has 24 hr telephone banking, so I was able to ring them and they put me through to their Fraud Department who confirmed my fears.

We have now had a refund of the monies taken out.

But please be careful and check your Bank Statements for any unusual sounding payments out...it appears to be quite a common practice - either Credit/Debit cards are unlawfully 'swiped' or maybe you order something on the internet and it wasn't a protected site... BE VIGILANT - especially in this very busy season of buying Christmas presents...
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Samantha Duell is off-line
08 December 2013 12:38
SDuell
Photographer
SDuell
Cambridgeshire
whittlesey

thanx for the heads up

i had a issue with itunes not long ago

email asking me to confirm a £60 payment all i had to do was confirm me bank details didnt fall for it mind just contacted itunes and they sorted it so luckly no money was spent

but it seems to be happening more offen lately and unfortunalty some people do fall for the scams

ChrisS is off-line
08 December 2013 13:47
TheChrisS
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

Unfortunate that this has happened, so many scumbags out there these days. I don't check any mail that I don't expect to receive. Sadly in this day and age people try to take the Michael. At work I constantly get emails from Barclays claiming that I'm owed money in tax, and to receive it I have to fill out a form...

I did get nearly £1000 stolen from my bank account a few years ago due to a "skimmer" attached to an ATM.

10 December 2013 12:33
PaulManuell
Photographer

Thanks for the warning, Suzy, and I'm glad you got it sorted and your money back. Love the photo btw.

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Inori Jenny_P_Model rob452 staceyolacey toxicinnocence zavego
63jian AndiCallen copperbronze Gaudinio GGDP_Photography Joolsy modelboutique Rupert simont
Dav2449