This thread is being watched by 1 person
ICONIC :P is off-line
07 December 2013 06:22
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

http://m.abc17news.com/news/modeling-website-linked-to-disappearances-rape-and-human-trafficking/-/19167438/20037496/-/121que3z/-/index.html

hmmm in america? because america has the highest number of weirdos anywhere on the planet ?
pissing purestorm off since 2009

theperfectgentleman is off-line
07 December 2013 12:45
theperfectgentleman
Photographer
theperfectgentleman
Essex
Chelmsford

I do wish that you would read the article properly, and the comments.
In my opinion it was proved that it was written by a idiot reporter on a slow day and included so many inaccuracies to make it more leaky than a colander.
By highlighting this you demine the industry, have you never heard of the rule.
Never knock the industry you are in as you are knocking your living and it will come back to bite you.
So knocking a different web site brings discredit to the site you are on.

EdT is off-line
07 December 2013 13:35
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Quote from theperfectgentleman
I do wish that you would read the article properly, and the comments.
In my opinion it was proved that it was written by a idiot reporter on a slow day and included so many inaccuracies to make it more leaky than a colander.
By highlighting this you demine the industry, have you never heard of the rule.
Never knock the industry you are in as you are knocking your living and it will come back to bite you.
So knocking a different web site brings discredit to the site you are on.

Can you provide us the proof that it was "written by a idiot reporter on a slow day and included so many inaccuracies to make it more leaky than a colander" please.

You are suggesting that even if it is true that girls have been kidnapped/raped/molested whatever, the rule says we should just accept it and say nothing because it might bring discredit to this site.

What a gentleman!!!!!!!

07 December 2013 16:12
theperfectgentleman
Photographer
theperfectgentleman
Essex
Chelmsford

First I don't get personal to make a point, it dilutes your argument.
If you had read and understood the article you would have realised that it was a load of rubbish, it was full of contradictions, and it even stated that it had been before the state legislature and been thrown out, as unreliable and not justified.
Is the state legislature sufficient a large enough organisation to justify my colander comment?.
I also understand that the employers have taken action against the small minded twerp that put the article together.
Just for your information this all broke over six months ago and MM have been vindicated and the courts have judged there was no case to answer, but the so called reliable sources and organisations were of extremely dubious reliability.
I do believe that models should be given every protection, some times from their selves as they are human and in the majority of the cases young women.
But shouldn’t have their judgement clouded by scaremongers and idiots.
By attacking MM they were indirectly attacking all model web sites, you should be defending them against those who advocate closing all of them down.
But For ch***t sake stop knocking your industry, for your own ego.
If you don't like it and feel that you must knock model websites, then why are you on the site?

Jonathan is off-line
07 December 2013 16:32
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

First I don't get personal to make a point, it dilutes your argument. If you had read and understood the article you would have realised that it was a load of rubbish, it was full of contradictions, and it even stated that it had been before the state legislature and been thrown out, as unreliable and not justified. Is the state legislature sufficient a large enough organisation to justify my colander comment?. I also understand that the employers have taken action against the small minded twerp that put the article together. Just for your information this all broke over six months ago and MM have been vindicated and the courts have judged there was no case to answer, but the so called reliable sources and organisations were of extremely dubious reliability. I do believe that models should be given every protection, some times from their selves as they are human and in the majority of the cases young women. But shouldn’t have their judgement clouded by scaremongers and idiots. By attacking MM they were indirectly attacking all model web sites, you should be defending them against those who advocate closing all of them down. But For ch***t sake stop knocking your industry, for your own ego. If you don't like it and feel that you must knock model websites, then why are you on the site?

Just as a matter of interest, I wonder, how / why did you choose your Pure-storm profile name ?

Sorry if this is too off topic / thread ...

Relax, take it easy and float down-stream with the Sandy Camel

Frank Sinnott is off-line
07 December 2013 17:19
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

First I don't get personal to make a point, it dilutes your argument. If you had read and understood the article you would have realised that it was a load of rubbish, it was full of contradictions, and it even stated that it had been before the state legislature and been thrown out, as unreliable and not justified. Is the state legislature sufficient a large enough organisation to justify my colander comment?. I also understand that the employers have taken action against the small minded twerp that put the article together. Just for your information this all broke over six months ago and MM have been vindicated and the courts have judged there was no case to answer, but the so called reliable sources and organisations were of extremely dubious reliability. I do believe that models should be given every protection, some times from their selves as they are human and in the majority of the cases young women. But shouldn’t have their judgement clouded by scaremongers and idiots. By attacking MM they were indirectly attacking all model web sites, you should be defending them against those who advocate closing all of them down. But For ch***t sake stop knocking your industry, for your own ego. If you don't like it and feel that you must knock model websites, then why are you on the site?

Hear hear and well said. 

EdT is off-line
07 December 2013 17:51
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

First I don't get personal to make a point, it dilutes your argument.
If you had read and understood the article you would have realised that it was a load of rubbish, it was full of contradictions, and it even stated that it had been before the state legislature and been thrown out, as unreliable and not justified.
Is the state legislature sufficient a large enough organisation to justify my colander comment?.
I also understand that the employers have taken action against the small minded twerp that put the article together.
Just for your information this all broke over six months ago and MM have been vindicated and the courts have judged there was no case to answer, but the so called reliable sources and organisations were of extremely dubious reliability.
I do believe that models should be given every protection, some times from their selves as they are human and in the majority of the cases young women.
But shouldn’t have their judgement clouded by scaremongers and idiots.
By attacking MM they were indirectly attacking all model web sites, you should be defending them against those who advocate closing all of them down.
But For ch***t sake stop knocking your industry, for your own ego.
If you don't like it and feel that you must knock model websites, then why are you on the site?

Whilst the culpability of Model Mayhem may be in question, the events described have not been disputed. My point is that all modelling sites must do the utmost to protect their members. Removing undesirable members is a necessity. I certainly don't subscribe to the "rule" that you don't knock one site because it might have a bad effect on the industry.

Amber West is off-line
07 December 2013 19:09
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

It is sensationalism to to sell a story. How many people use Facebook/ebay/gumtree and get in trouble?  MM just happens to be a modelling site.

07 December 2013 19:42
theperfectgentleman
Photographer
theperfectgentleman
Essex
Chelmsford

Quote from SandyCamel
Just as a matter of interest, I wonder, how / why did you choose your Pure-storm profile name ?

I had shoot with a number of models who were in contact with each other, and it was sugested that I joined Purestorm.
I didn't know what username to use so I used what they sugested.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
08 December 2013 02:48
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from SandyCamel

Judging by past posts I'd have suggested there's more than just a little irony to his username laugh
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
abouncer Gazza iestyn johndt rscott360 supernova Thunder_Photos