Jase Henson Creative is off-line
02 December 2013 14:21
Jasehenson
Photographer
Jasehenson
East Sussex
Bexhill On Sea

Hi all, trust everyone is well.

I've recently created a new website, it would be nice if you could spare me 2 minutes and give me your constructive thoughts.

Models, if you like what I do please get in touch.

www.jasehenson.com

Thanks
Jase

02 December 2013 14:21
Jasehenson
Photographer
Jasehenson
East Sussex
Bexhill On Sea

Hi all, trust everyone is well.

I've recently created a new website, it would be nice if you could spare me 2 minutes and give me your constructive thoughts.

Models, if you like what I do please get in touch.

www.jasehenson.com

Thanks
Jase

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
03 December 2013 09:05
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Hi Jase,

Had a look, I don't really understand what the site is for? You give a brief bio (brief is good) but no sense of if you offer photography as an option! Apart from the changing images on the front/home page the only images I can find are via the blog tab, but they're not yours? So I don't understand the point other than they inspire you?

If this is just a mechanism to have a website presence then content is your call, but if this is a method of drawing attention to your photography, where are the pictures I need to see? the detail what's on offer etc, 60 likes on Facebook tells me you started last week or aren't very popular yet!

I'd certain up the detail and content, if you want to engage with models I think they would need a better sense of you the photographer through mainly your work examples and creative ideas!

Dominic

03 December 2013 09:25
Jasehenson
Photographer
Jasehenson
East Sussex
Bexhill On Sea

HI Dominic, thanks ever so much for your feedback. I think maybe you're referring to an older version of about me -I updated it last night that clearly states I'm a semi pro photographers.... at as least I hope it does haha! Maybe you could take another look when you get 2 minutes and see if I'm made that clearer.

The reason for the site is really to have a presence, and show my potential. I've limited the content since I don't want to bore a viewer with loads of pictures and information, I was simply trying to give any models are views the right information and to the point - the images I'll add and update as I progress next year.

I really liked your feedback, so feel free to take another look and see ifI'm heading in the right direction or basically need to have a re-think.

Thanks a bunch
Jase

03 December 2013 11:22
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Jase,

No I read the current version, it didn't need the full 2 mins 37 seconds was enough! Creating a presence is always a good idea, every social media and hosting site will have limitations to how you can use them so having total control is a great tool to your photographic ambition.

You want I guess models to connect "Models, if you like what I do please get in touch" but you're way to vague what you offer and do, You assist with Glamour, Fashion and Portrait and use the terms semi and professional so I'm guess you'd want paying? I've no idea!

Inviting non defined contact "If you are interested in what I do, feel free to follow etc" is unlikely to be that successful, You travel the country shooting so again I'm not sure how relevant it might be to me if I'm up North? maybe very!!!!! People need very clear and defined ideas of what you do/want/produce. Remember models are looking at detail to determine sincerity and genuine intention as well as looking at produced content. With no contact details, a Map of SouthEast England with no actual address and a limited sense of who you are it wont produce confidence. No phone number, nothing.

Contact forms look professional but give the sender no record of what was sent, no idea if you read it and no way of following up. The text too is a graphic! I'd suggest as the site develops key features such as contact would need text headings for search engines to optimise the results for you!

Well done for securing JaseHenson.com If that's your name its a great platform for further development. Jase I don't even know if you are Male or Female, these things matter in the scale of things!

Dominic

03 December 2013 11:39
Jasehenson
Photographer
Jasehenson
East Sussex
Bexhill On Sea

Hi Dominic,

I totally understand where you're coming from and have taken on board your comments and feedback from other direct messages.

Thanks for taking the time to post and giving me food for thought.

All the best.
Jase

Paul Jones is off-line
03 December 2013 12:10
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Quote from Jasehenson
Hi all, trust everyone is well. I've recently created a new website, it would be nice if you could spare me 2 minutes and give me your constructive thoughts. Models, if you like what I do please get in touch. www.jasehenson.com Thanks Jase

Hi Jase

Sorry, but I found the website lacking. 

Having to wait for the images to go past on a conveyor belt slideshow wasn't ideal.

I really, really like the design layout of the Blog, but then I realised that the photos aren't yours and it isn't actually a 'Blog' - just a photo scrapbook with no real content.

I came away from the site thinking that there could be a lot more substance.

Sorry for the honest feedback.  I'm no website expert.

Best regards

Paul
http://www.pauljones.org/

www.PaulJones.org (Glamour / Portraits / NSFW)

03 December 2013 12:28
Jasehenson
Photographer
Jasehenson
East Sussex
Bexhill On Sea

Hi Paul, firstly love your site....its very fresh and modern to say the least.

Thanks very much for the feedback, I've changed it a little from Dominic's feedback and clearly need to consider a little bit more ;-)

The blog was ply a site to show people random pics for the time being. I will update the detail and entries as I shoot moving into 2014.

As for the images on the welcome screen, maybe I should add a traditional page as a gallery... options, options eh!

Thanks again, all the best
Jase

03 December 2013 12:55
dominicdean
Photographer

Hi Jase. Im no web designer and just my opinion but it needs to look a bit 'newer' in my opinion.

You need a better menu structure and layout. You also need the option of the images stopping so people can view them and more content.

I would try something like wordpress which is easy to use and will give you a good look plus you could start with a blog rather than a site and build your site into your blog.

Just my opinion, as you asked
www.dominicdeanphotography.co.uk/

03 December 2013 13:49
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

I know from my experience of creating a website its a almost a never ending process of development and design, evolving content essential for generating and maintaining interest. Its great to try ideas, I know I was keen to make my original site informal, the problem is/are the fine lines that a lot of ideas might end up in reality conveying to the people who visit the site.

Informal might be regarded as lax or too casual, or a simple site might convey lightweight when it comes to quality/quantity of images you can produce. As an example I use my site now as a means to communicate detail, i.e lots of people ask, "what shall I bring" I send them a link with please come back to me with anything you're not sure about. I've links to my location, what to bring/do/expect FAQs, What I do, what I don't do, How much I charge when I'm free, it sounds too mechanical but these links added to gen conversation around a shoot add substance and I belive create a sense or confidence in people who contact.

Good luck on the journey! Get more content and give people something different on Facebook if they do link over!

Dominic.

18 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
BlueLah bonni_cuffs JodieEllen Satrina
bbphotos BOBREEVES clearview_photography david1500 dby47 eosfan hylander James7799 jpegster keltica Reynard Rhadamanthus swalsh58 xposed