Happy Saint Andrew's day

click_gotcha is off-line
04 December 2013 06:15
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

Quote from tonycsm
I'm sure you have your reasons for saying that but would you care to elaborate?

In order for the people of Scotland to make an informed decision they should be told what would happen if they vote no.  The SNP have produced a 670 page document outlining their intentions so it's up to the no campaign to outline theirs.  

Paul Hodson is off-line
04 December 2013 06:23
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from click_gotcha
In order for the people of Scotland to make an informed decision they should be told what would happen if they vote no. The SNP have produced a 670 page document outlining their intentions so it's up to the no campaign to outline theirs.

Which is of course designed as much to confuse as to inform, as they obviously know the majority will not read it, understand it, nor indeed know whether what it says is true or realistic.

If nothing else the "No" campaign can at least point out that matters are likely to continue in a similar manner to now, i.e. the status quo if they prevail.

And sometimes the devil you know..............
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

click_gotcha is off-line
04 December 2013 06:28
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

Quote from mph
Which is of course designed as much to confuse as to inform, as they obviously know the majority will not read it, understand it, nor indeed know whether what it says is true or realistic.

If nothing else the "No" campaign can at least point out that matters are likely to continue in a similar manner to now, i.e. the status quo if they prevail.

And sometimes the devil you know..............

A question I'd like answered is will the Barnett Formula be abolished or reduced in teh event of a no vote?

Tony Stephenson is off-line
04 December 2013 07:13
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from click_gotcha
A question I'd like answered is will the Barnett Formula be abolished or reduced in teh event of a no vote?

Is there any suggestion that it will be or is there any other reason to suppose that it won't continue?

If the vote is YES then of course there won't be a Barnett Formula which currently compensates Scotland for the oil tax revenues it sends south!
www.le-femme.co.uk

click_gotcha is off-line
04 December 2013 07:20
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

Quote from tonycsm
Is there any suggestion that it will be or is there any other reason to suppose that it won't continue?

If the vote is YES then of course there won't be a Barnett Formula which currently compensates Scotland for the oil tax revenues it sends south!

It has been mooted from various parties, teh Tories in particular.

The SNP have said what they will do if elected in an independent Scotland, the opposition parties should say what they will do if the vote is no.  It's the only way the people of Scotland can make an informed choice.

04 December 2013 07:48
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from click_gotcha
It has been mooted from various parties, teh Tories in particular.

The SNP have said what they will do if elected in an independent Scotland, the opposition parties should say what they will do if the vote is no.  It's the only way the people of Scotland can make an informed choice.

Yes the SNP has said what it will do if the vote is YES but what it hasn't done is to say exactly where it will get the money from to pay for all the things on Salmond's wish list!

It's easy to make promises but I suspect there will have to be lots of tax rises to pay for these 'goodies' that the SNP is promising if the electorate vote yes!

www.le-femme.co.uk

click_gotcha is off-line
04 December 2013 07:56
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

Quote from tonycsm
Yes the SNP has said what it will do if the vote is YES but what it hasn't done is to say exactly where it will get the money from to pay for all the things on Salmond's wish list!

It's easy to make promises but I suspect there will have to be lots of tax rises to pay for these 'goodies' that the SNP is promising if the electorate vote yes!

A couple of things.

The SNP's white paper states what they would do if they were elected in an independent Scotland, it is entirley possible that they will not win the 1st election.   A Yes vote is not a vote for the SNP.

You say there will be tax rises as if it's an inevitable consequence of us becoming independent, it's not.  If we don't have to pay for our share of Trident replacement, HS2, new London air terminal, etc why would tax rise?

04 December 2013 09:01
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from click_gotcha
A couple of things.

The SNP's white paper states what they would do if they were elected in an independent Scotland, it is entirley possible that they will not win the 1st election.   A Yes vote is not a vote for the SNP.

You say there will be tax rises as if it's an inevitable consequence of us becoming independent, it's not.  If we don't have to pay for our share of Trident replacement, HS2, new London air terminal, etc why would tax rise?

So Scotland wouldn't make any infrastructural improvements if it became independent?

Salmond has said he wants to encourage immmigration to increase the workforce and offset the aging population - have you got a surplus of suitable housing and school places etc etc and the rest of the infrastructure to cope with such an influx of immigrants?

Again, where are the jobs going to come from to support these people? The current workforce has a 25% higher than the national UK average of reliance on upon public sector jobs - will an independent Scotland still be able to support such a figure?

I'm not against Scotland going it alone and good luck to them if they do  - I'm merely as an observer, asking how the Nationalists propose to fund their new country because up until now, it's just been mostly promises with no accurate figures to back up their arguments for independence.  
www.le-femme.co.uk

click_gotcha is off-line
04 December 2013 09:28
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

Quote from tonycsm
So Scotland wouldn't make any infrastructural improvements if it became independent?

Salmond has said he wants to encourage immmigration to increase the workforce and offset the aging population - have you got a surplus of suitable housing and school places etc etc and the rest of the infrastructure to cope with such an influx of immigrants?

Again, where are the jobs going to come from to support these people? The current workforce has a 25% higher than the national UK average of reliance on upon public sector jobs - will an independent Scotland still be able to support such a figure?

I'm not against Scotland going it alone and good luck to them if they do  - I'm merely as an observer, asking how the Nationalists propose to fund their new country because up until now, it's just been mostly promises with no accurate figures to back up their arguments for independence.  

We manage to fund our country at the moment, I don't see why we can't fund it after independence.  Especially if we are not paying for Trident, Trident's replacement, HS2, new London air terminal, foreign wars, etc.

04 December 2013 09:52
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from click_gotcha
We manage to fund our country at the moment, I don't see why we can't fund it after independence.  Especially if we are not paying for Trident, Trident's replacement, HS2, new London air terminal, foreign wars, etc.

Scotland like the rest of the UK is spending above it's means on day to day running, hence the UK  borrowing to fund the budget deficit - that borrowing subsidy will be taken away from the revenue available if Scotland chooses independence. Given that Scotland already spends more than almost any other UK region per head, then that shortfall will have to be made up somehow.
I'm not saying it can't be done but it won't be anywhere near as rosy a picture as the Nationalists are painting. Their objective is Nationalism rather than what is necessarily in the interests of the prople. 

www.le-femme.co.uk

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Jessicaliu1993
carshaltonkev Phiesta1