Happy Saint Andrew's day

Jonathan is off-line
30 November 2013 17:05
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

Quote from RedChecker
Yes, I do agree. But they will reap great rewards in the form of subsidies (or whatever anyone wishes to call them) that are paid for by the English tax payer as part of their agreement to dissolve the union. Personally I'd rather we pre-empted their vote by simply severing them ourselves (without any pay). That'd sure wipe the grin of that smug SandyCamel is a naughty person Salmond's face.

Wow ! that is quite a statement !!!

I have to say that I am very surprised and am happy to be educated.

Can you supply a link re: the subsidies you refer to or elaborate about this please ???

Relax, take it easy and float down-stream with the Sandy Camel

Jonathan is off-line
30 November 2013 17:07
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

Oh, he's gone again
Relax, take it easy and float down-stream with the Sandy Camel

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
30 November 2013 17:25
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from RedChecker
Yes, I do agree. But they will reap great rewards in the form of subsidies (or whatever anyone wishes to call them) that are paid for by the English tax payer as part of their agreement to dissolve the union. Personally I'd rather we pre-empted their vote by simply severing them ourselves (without any pay). That'd sure wipe the grin of that smug gerryquiff is a naughty person Salmond's face.[/qt]

His position as First Minister will be up for vote on the following May anyway, so if he's not wanted he won't be voted for. smiley

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
30 November 2013 17:40
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from RedChecker
As an English tax payer, I'll certainly miss the £billions that we'll still be paying them when they've decided to bugger off and go it alone.

We might just charge the Westminster government berthing fees for 'your' toxic trident nuclear weapons until they can be transferred down south. Where would you prefer them berthed..........The Thames ?

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

nigel kent is off-line
30 November 2013 19:28
sirspread
Photographer
sirspread
Avon
bath

It isn't going to happen because nothing will change.
Scotland wont vote for independence.

click_gotcha is off-line
03 December 2013 09:15
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

Quote from sirspread
It isn't going to happen because nothing will change. Scotland wont vote for independence.

I wouldn't be so sure, I sense a change in attitude in Scotland and that people are starting to believe it could happen.    If the no camp want to win they need to start convincing people of the positives of the union and stop the scare stories.

nigel kent is off-line
03 December 2013 09:58
sirspread
Photographer
sirspread
Avon
bath

i would be more than happy to lay anyone 3/1
and that would be the easiest money ive ever made

Tony Stephenson is off-line
03 December 2013 12:47
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

I'm quite sure an independent Scotland could survive and I have no view either way regarding Scotland going it alone but I do think the Nats need to be more honest about what it will likely cost the Scottish voters if they vote YES.

According to the propaganda put out by the Nats, everything will be Utopia as soon as Scotland becomes independent - but what they don't say is that it's almost certain that taxes will have to rise to pay for their current services and spending or face service cuts, which may not go down too well!

The recent White Paper was little more than a party political advert for the Nationalist's and Salmond's dreams so little store should be set by that!

www.le-femme.co.uk

click_gotcha is off-line
04 December 2013 05:29
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

I'd say it's the No campaign who have to be honest about what would happen if we voted No.

Tony Stephenson is off-line
04 December 2013 05:43
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from click_gotcha
I'd say it's the No campaign who have to be honest about what would happen if we voted No.

I'm sure you have your reasons for saying that but would you care to elaborate?

www.le-femme.co.uk

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Dadshouse12 pinklilly ryansd
63jian ALANOMNIA Blancho ChrisNewton cliffc colinpierce david1500 davidn diphoto FotoAuto freddie gperl gwentman keltica lify Mattcairns mike0048 moorlane Philski poah redbaron shadowtime74 silksky Skystudio Steveh32 swalsh58 tonyk1 wacTony