This thread is being watched by 2 people
Samantha Alexandra  is off-line
29 November 2013 15:42
SamanthaAlexandra
Model
SamanthaAlexandra
Derbyshire
Barrow Hill

It seems just recently after 7 years of modelling and over 250 good 100% positive feedbacks I can't seem to get any modelling work. I email photographers they don't reply? I cannot seem to win whatever I do. Is there something I don't know?? 

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
29 November 2013 15:48
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

This 'recession' is hitting hard. Most photographers on these sites do it as a (rather expensive) hobby and in times of financial need it will be the hobby that'll go first. I for one haven't taken a single photo for five months due to time & money problems myself.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

KHV is off-line
29 November 2013 15:49
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

There is always something you do not know, thats how life is.

As for work, have you not realised that there has been a down-turn in the economy over the last few years, and every model is getting less, and less bookings.

Even the cock with a camera is struggling (thank god).

29 November 2013 15:52
NTN_Photography
Photographer

Hi Samantha,
I seem to be in the opposite? Since I was made redundant, I have been getting asked to undertake many shoots. But as I have don't have any permanent work, I am unable to book models and have had to turn away potential shoots. I think its down to the lack of money available. So lots of models who are normally working are struggling to find work. Its not anuything wrong with you or lots of other models facing the same delema.
I hope you find work soon
Regards
Norman
Each photograph I take gives me the thrill of acheiving something great, (not there yet, but i'm working on.

Paul Hodson is off-line
29 November 2013 15:56
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Norman_N_Photography
Hi Samantha, I seem to be in the opposite? Since I was made redundant, I have been getting asked to undertake many shoots. But as I have don't have any permanent work, I am unable to book models and have had to turn away potential shoots

Do you mean models have offered to pay you - or asked you to pay them?

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
29 November 2013 16:01
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Keltica
Even the cock with a camera is struggling (thank god).

I seem to recall some saying along the lines of  pots & kettles about this sort of thing.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Samantha Alexandra  is off-line
29 November 2013 16:11
SamanthaAlexandra
Model
SamanthaAlexandra
Derbyshire
Barrow Hill

Quote from Keltica
There is always something you do not know, thats how life is. As for work, have you not realised that there has been a down-turn in the economy over the last few years, and every model is getting less, and less bookings. Even the cock with a camera is struggling (thank god).

Yes I have realized. I've not been under a rock for the last 5 years, I was more thinking about companies and websites, there are many that my close modelling friends work for but when I contact them I get either no response or a no? And 2 days later they have a references off several models, just when they have told me they are not booking at the moment.

Profile Pictures is off-line
29 November 2013 22:35
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Not that you're my normal shoot type, but I don't think I'd noticed your port before, and maybe that doesn't help; your public profile being a little weak here perhaps?
Hope that didn't sound at all snotty, just that you might need to get out there a bit to promote yourself?

HowardJ is off-line
30 November 2013 04:19
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Well you've got the looks and the modelling ability, so I can only assume it's the time of year but it's a little rude that people don't reply and tell you.

Keep your chin up.

Amber West is off-line
30 November 2013 04:25
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

Quote from HowardJ
Well you've got the looks and the modelling ability, so I can only assume it's the time of year but it's a little rude that people don't reply and tell you.

Keep your chin up.

Most of my work is fetish/adult paysite stuff and I always find November/December very busy as everyone wants to get stuff in the can so they can have a nice rest/worry about taxes in January. Maybe try people again as there may be some spots to fill. X

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Paris
poah portalphotography