Reminder Secure

Romanian and Bulgarian models?

Nick Atkins is off-lineGold Member
03 December 2013 04:26
NATKINS
Photographer
NATKINS
Oxfordshire

Here's a little poem explaining the math...

Poem
I've taken a vow of poverty - if you really want to annoy me, send money.

Profile Pictures is off-line
03 December 2013 05:11
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

^ that's my friend Holly, she was in our second edition of 'Spunky' magazine.
www.spunkymag.co.uk

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
03 December 2013 07:05
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from Mipod
Just to point out..
Romanians have had the right to live and indeed work on a self employed basis in the UK without a visa since 2007. The only thing that changes on December the 31st is their right to employment.
As most models aren't employed I can't really see it will make much of a difference.

And an excellent point indeed.

And another point is that East Europeans seeking a better life in this country do not necessarilly want to model, in fact seldom do and if they do choose this path its not as a first option by any manner of means. They are often highly educated and well qualified and come to the UK looking for serious employment.

Contrary to popular belief, in general, East Europeans and in particular, the East European atitude to modelling is not more liberal than this country, less so in fact. Glamour and adult modelling is frowned upon by the general populious and regarded much the same way as stripping and prostitution.

So in answer to the OP, there is unlikely to be any great influx of EE girls into modelling in this country anytime soon, most who inclined to glamour/adult or indeed most modelling, can find a better and more lucrative market in mainland Europe, rather than the already over-populated UK market.
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

DJ200 is off-line
03 December 2013 09:12
DJ200
Photographer
DJ200
Hertfordshire

+1

09 December 2013 08:37
johnlp
Photographer

Quote from johnlp
I've never had a cancellation or no-show, but that shouldn't be a great suprise. These are young people that have the motivation, organisatioanl skills and courage to leave their own country and either go "on tour" or settle in another country.  Most UK models have the same qualities, but a small but significant number don't. 

I've got a shoot with another Czech model next week, I've probably put the hex on that now!

I really should not have written that.  She's just informed me that she is cancelling.  But she didn't bother to tell me, I was making my final, "I hope everything is OK for tomorrow" call when she announced that she's not in London.  She hopes we can work out another date.  I've told her where to go.

Cinddy_ is off-line
09 December 2013 16:13
Cinddy_
Model
Cinddy_
West Midlands
Dudley

I am Hungarian/Romanian, I have dual nationality, speak 5 languages and I work really hard. I have lived in this country for 3 years, working as a nanny looking after English children and now as a carer looking after the elderly. Just because you only know what you see/read in the media, not everyone is a thief, gypsy or prostitute or whatever you think/say about Romanian people. Media is pure brainwash.I don't judge anybody by their nationality. I work hard, try to fit in, don't do anything illegal, and I never had a bad review on Purestorm because I always turn up,never cancel, don't waste people's time and work really hard. I'm sick of people discriminating Eastern Europeans.Nobody is perfect.
Cinddy

NICOLE MAY  is off-line
09 December 2013 20:24
fishing
Model
fishing
Ukraine
Kiev, Europe

Quote from Cinddy_
I am Hungarian/Romanian, I have dual nationality, speak 5 languages and I work really hard. I have lived in this country for 3 years, working as a nanny looking after English children and now as a carer looking after the elderly. Just because you only know what you see/read in the media, not everyone is a thief, gypsy or prostitute or whatever you think/say about Romanian people. Media is pure brainwash.I don't judge anybody by their nationality. I work hard, try to fit in, don't do anything illegal, and I never had a bad review on Purestorm because I always turn up,never cancel, don't waste people's time and work really hard. I'm sick of people discriminating Eastern Europeans.Nobody is perfect.

Everyone have freedom to speak what they want........

Nicole May

Henry is off-lineSilver Member
10 December 2013 15:32
Henry_Artist
Photographer
Henry_Artist
Lancashire
Blackpool

Quote from RedChecker
I have a Romanian work colleague and she's degree qualified (architecture), speaks better English than most native plebs and is bloody determined to work hard and make a good life for herself over here (same can be said for my Polish, Spanish and Iranian collagues) and quite frankly are more deserving of services we offer than many of the native scrounging Henry_Artist is a naughty person s this country has by the boatload.

If Romanians and Bulgarians can come here, can we send people there? We have an excess of "native scrounging Henry_Artist is a naughty person s" as RedChecker describes them. Rather than viewing them as a problem would it be better to consider them a "great, untapped natural resource"? There is historical precedent for this. Look at how well Australia is doing now after we exported people who at the time were felt to be a bit of a drain on society here.

I may as well do it. I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
10 December 2013 16:57
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Quote from johnlp
WHATEVER!

This is not the question I'm asking. Is there any way that this site, or photographers can think of to attract them, if they do exist, to join PS?

Place adverts in Romanian and Bulgarian photography magazines.

Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
11 December 2013 13:40
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

Quote from Cinddy_I'm sick of people discriminating Eastern Europeans.

+1

I have been in Romania 3 times and loved every second of it. Romanian women are smoking hot

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Antz mlknetwork