Is it me ? Is it my images

Tony Gray is off-lineGold Member
22 November 2013 14:57
tony121
Photographer
tony121
Tyne and Wear
Tyne & Wear

I am going to be back in Newcastle upon Tyne over Xmas and new year, have emailed four local models offering them payed work, fashion lingerie shoot, been over a week now and not one reply, is it the time of year, is there some thing not right with my port, totally confused
Advice appreciated, thankyou

Jesfish is off-line
22 November 2013 15:02
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Have you emailed models or just girls with Purestorm profiles?  Also have you checked to see when they last logged on?  Have they read your messages?

I would be happy to work with you if we were closer.

Chrissie Red is off-line
22 November 2013 15:15
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I don't see why you would be struggling to fill your time especially if you are offering the projects on a paid basis.
Perhaps it might be easier if you posted a casting? that way you might end up getting models who will be in the area during the festive period who you may not have contacted because they are from elsewhere. Hope you manage to get something sorted!

Kevin W is off-lineSilver Member
22 November 2013 16:15
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
London
Carshalton / Surrey / Greater London

All I can say is, in my experience, this is fairly typical.

Should it matter too much what your port is like? If they are professional models who earn money (or a living) from modeling, you might think they would be interested in a paid shoot, or at least bother to reply.

If you were offering a plumber or a builder paid work, would they bother to reply? I think they would. But with "models" on here, I sometimes go through lean spells where none I write to offering a paid shoot at the levels you mention even bother to reply when offered £25-30 ph.

You might have more luck with a Casting. I stress the word "might". You may get 20 replies and write to six models you like the look of; offering a paid shoot. Half might reply, but in the end none will firm up a shoot.

Yes it defies logic! My advice is stick to real professional models with plenty of feedback. There are too many flakey wannabes around. I also wonder if too many models earn big bucks working to adult levels and do not want two hours posing in a short skirt at £25 ph.

Writing to only four is not enough. You might need to write to ten to finally organise a shoot.

Just my tuppence worth.
As in life, so in a game of hazard, skill will make something of the worst of throws.

Jesfish is off-line
22 November 2013 16:31
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

I agree with comments above...post a casting call.  Serious models who want to earn money will look at casting calls.  Also many models do travel so may already be in your area on another shoot.  Messaging girls within your area only will limit you.

Seventy Percent Curves is off-line
22 November 2013 17:41
CliveLawrence
Photographer
CliveLawrence
Hampshire
Farnborough

Your pictures are great, seriously lovely, maybe its to do with 'payed' work. Possibly it gets to people, not sure

23 November 2013 11:06
leanna
Model

Well I am looking forward to working with you again Tony

1 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Dvass