Reminder Secure

In case you fancy a read - new online magazine by two forum members

21 November 2013 08:55
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from profilepictures

On the font point, I do see that it's not going to be universally popular but it works easily for us to read and the figures show that the first edition got to over 30,000 viewers and rising taking an average of over 2:34 whilst reading and looking through. Issue two is getting longer read times so maybe it's about demographic to some extent?

No offence but for something full of pictures, to equate viewers to use of font is simply ignorant and by passing the issue. I've flicked through it, looking at the pictures as quite honestly, it's unreadable.

I get the feeling you don't really want to take anyones advice and that's fair enough, it's your baby and good luck to you, but I've worked online for two decades and if two things have held true it's that /blink was a bad idea and that noone, ever, uses all caps for body text.

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Profile Pictures is off-line
21 November 2013 09:37
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I welcome the input SD, and it's clear here at least that the font is causing problems with engagement. We'll have a play and see what difference it makes using a more conventional set up perhaps. I think it's not been considered much before as we've been able to read it fine in the format initially presented onscreen, easier still if you've clicked on the pages to get a better view of the pictures. But thanks to all who've commented.

Jaye  is off-line
21 November 2013 10:48
jessicard
Model
This member has been reset to pending
jessicard
Vale of Glamorgan
Cardiff

I'm intrigued - why is it called "Spunky"? I've probably been in the adult industry too long but when I saw the title I did think the magazine was geared towards that genre...,
http://jayerose.tumblr.com/

G Jack B is off-line
21 November 2013 11:07
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

Have to agree wit hall the above re use of Caps... it just looks wrong and is not easy to get on with.
Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
21 November 2013 12:25
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

A magazine full of gorgeous girls/images and we're all moaning about text, Jesus how old are we.

21 November 2013 12:47
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

The title came up whilst we were walking about doing street photography in Cambridge one day, I d contributed to an online magazine that week and Lisa had said 'why don't we make one ourselves?' There's a definition inside the cover and it's one of those words which has been a bit hijacked maybe but has an impact. What it coincides with is an attitude we'd noted amongst female photographers in what is sometimes a male dominated area, it takes a bit of effort and guts to get yourself out there and we wanted to showcase people who've done just that.

Roger Vaughan is off-line
21 November 2013 12:59
BigEarsPix
Photographer
BigEarsPix
Warwickshire
Rugby

Never mind the font, get rid of that fecking God-awful flash.
Roger Vaughan

21 November 2013 14:30
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I'm sorry, I don't even know what you mean about the flash?

CSD Images is off-line
22 November 2013 04:39
CSD_Images
Photographer
CSD_Images
Grampian
Aberdeen

The viewer that Issuu uses for desktop browsers is Flash based, they have apps for mobile and also HTML 5 for unsupported mobile devices. That's what Roger was talking about.
www.flickr.com/photos/csd_images | www.celticshadows.co.uk

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
22 November 2013 09:35
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Enjoyed it. Text can be a bit of a problem after a while, the Tate Magazine do this 'all caps' style every now and then and it's fine in small doses but I found Issue One more hard going that Issue Two.

It was broken when I got here

34 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
charlotte90 CIEGE_CJ Classy_cassie karenr kate_anne lindacanovamodel mandymack ouaou Royb
2Twenty2 bbphotos Blancho BOBREEVES ch_mon ChrisD Edenbailey fotopro funky Gaudinio Jackalltog kaosrox lify mike0048 peterh philippahh PhotoSpyroS RonA rscott360 Sp_digital steveh32 Stevew1 thelook whitepython woofoo