In case you fancy a read - new online magazine by two forum members

Profile Pictures is off-line
20 November 2013 11:12
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

It might not appeal to all, but hopefully some of you will enjoy flicking through our new online magazine. Now putting together issue two.

www.spunkymag.co.uk

Paul is off-line
20 November 2013 11:17
paulcase
Photographer
paulcase
Lancashire

Looks great!

20 November 2013 11:21
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Cheers Paul, and I should have said 'now putting together issue 3' , two is out there. Links to both from the website above.

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
20 November 2013 13:26
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Looks excellent.

CSD Images is off-line
20 November 2013 14:15
CSD_Images
Photographer
CSD_Images
Grampian
Aberdeen

Interesting design but dear god, I wish the magazine would stop using a monospaced/uppercase font. That's so difficult to read on a screen let along as a print design. I get the fact that it's supposed to be grungy/edgy but there are better fonts that are suited to being legible. People don't look at letters, they look at shape of words. When you have all uppercase you make the person work harder to read your content and they won't make it to the end.

Also I do hope you don't intend to monetise the magazine via Issuu, we had to move from that platform due to the fact they no longer protect the URLs so easily bypassing any protections you may have in place.
www.flickr.com/photos/csd_images | www.celticshadows.co.uk

raw and the cooked is off-line
20 November 2013 14:19
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

Great, when do I submit?

Andy_B is off-lineSilver Member
20 November 2013 16:43
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
London
London

Some good pictures, but I totally agree with CSD on the font. I really couldn't be bothered trying to read it.

20 November 2013 18:25
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Interesting point raised by CSD, if you've time I'd appreciate a pm giving a bit more detail as I'm brand new to the situation really and haven't any guidance to go on. Right now we're just enthusiastic amateurs and really enjoying the process of getting the stuff together.

On the font point, I do see that it's not going to be universally popular but it works easily for us to read and the figures show that the first edition got to over 30,000 viewers and rising taking an average of over 2:34 whilst reading and looking through. Issue two is getting longer read times so maybe it's about demographic to some extent?

R&C, we had loads of interest from male photographers before and after the first issue so we've included a section for readers work to be shown. Details for submissions are in the mag and in the website.

rtistik is off-line
21 November 2013 02:29
rtistik
Photographer

East Sussex
Brighton

Nice magazine, but totally unreadable due to the font used on the copy. If your read times are averaging just two minutes, then I don't think many people are actually reading the text.

Paul Venn is off-lineSilver Member
21 November 2013 03:26
jpv
Photographer
jpv
Norfolk
Norwich

I'll admit to "getting on" in life and that my eyesight is not what it was and trying to read the magazine demonstrated the fact. I gave up half way through the second page of text.

1 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
eclipsephoto