Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
23 November 2013 17:04
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from Gerry99111
It makes perfect sense to me why she has taken this approach otherwise she will be swamped by people she has no need to converse with.

That makes sense to me too, though I can see why some delusional snappers who think sunbeams eminate from their own rectum might take offence.
Bob

Jay R Tog is off-line
23 November 2013 17:26
Josh_Woodcock_Photography
Photographer
Josh_Woodcock_Photography
London
london/kent

Quote from Bob
That makes sense to me too, though I can see why some delusional snappers who think sunbeams eminate from their own rectum might take offence.

Bob

i dont believe i am a "delusional snappers" and defiantly dont believe the latter (sun is hot that would hurt)
i simply believe in always leaving doors open.....

please dont let this thread turn into a slagging match of personal insults tho

thanks
Don't take care, take risks

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
23 November 2013 23:38
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

As others have said, ordinary market behaviour comes into it.

When you sell your most valuable products, you're going to expect — not unreasonably — to be able to command comparably valuable consideration. In the case of models who have robust access to well-paying customers and also don't particularly need promotional material, TF* might just not cut it (and even if the model does occasional TF with photographers whom they can rely on to give valuable enough results, you can't blame them for not generally advertising that they do so).
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

Neil Anderson is off-line
24 November 2013 06:21
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Some people would see signing up for mail/Telephone preference services as losing the opportunities of exciting offers, most people see it as a way of avoiding mountains of junk mail or calls.

That is what the note on the profile means. For every 'lost opportunity' they would probably get 1000 or so spam e-mails. As others have tried to explain, what you say on your profile is not 'a rule' it is information for people who are thinking of contacting you so that both of you can avoid wasting e-mails and time on discussing something which isn't going to happen.

If you watch very carefully you will see models post castings which conflict with what it says on their profile such as 'I don't normally do TFP, but am currently looking to enhance a particular area...' or 'I need some new pictures due to new hair...'
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Bluelah Echoz katielouxox Kaylie looby88 Natalia_Ov SexyMatureCouple
63jian ad360photo Antonioalejandro bbphotos Chadite Charliea claypaws david1500 digimarx Essexjohn flawless_photo funky JamesHerbert Ladiesman Leach145 nemesis panda49 Penfoldpc Rhadamanthus rscott360 Sp_digital stevegosh thelook ukcolin Willjamieson
matt