Please dont hate me.....

Jay R Tog is off-line
20 November 2013 15:32
Josh_Woodcock_Photography
Photographer
London
london/kent

ok as i think people are beginning to misunderstand what im saying, let me pad this out a little

this is not linked to a particular model

this in not linked to a particular situation

i know that there are stronger photographers than me and do not get offended if a model doenst feel i will add to their portfolio

i have just noticed "will not shoot nude tf" on several portfolios recently

as the comment is in general on their page and not specifically aimed at me im not after a critique on my work. i was just interested to know other opinions on the subject

i was not meaning to disrespect or offend anybody(hence the title), i just thought it would be an interesting subject to discuss

josh
Don't take care, take risks

Jesfish is off-line
20 November 2013 17:46
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

As already stated on earlier replies, I think some models perhaps feel they aren't getting a fair deal if they pose naked.  Unfortunately this is possibly a reflection on some photographers they might have worked with who aren't really after creating images but rather looking at a naked model.  This does happen, though you could argue that the models shouldn't work with anyone they feel is like this. 

You also get models who charge different rates for different levels.  I don't really understand that as you're either happy to work to nude or you're not, however that is their perogative and not for anyone to tell them otherwise.

Like I said, I will work clothed or nude Tf or paid as long as I am getting something out of it by way of payment or images.

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
20 November 2013 18:49
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

"when a models strongest work is clearly their art nude on their portfolio"

so with this strong work they need to pose for free because...?

Jay R Tog is off-line
20 November 2013 19:02
Photographer
London
london/kent

Quote from cziiki
"when a models strongest work is clearly their art nude on their portfolio"

so with this strong work they need to pose for free because...?

fro example a photographer has lots on head shots needs more nudes
a model has more nudes but need head shots

solution shoot both and both parties win

josh

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
20 November 2013 19:33
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

Quote from Josh_Woodcock_Photography

fro example a photographer has lots on head shots needs more nudes
a model has more nudes but need head shots

solution shoot both and both parties win

josh

The job of a portfolio on a model site is to get you to want to shoot her. In your scenario you clearly want to shoot her. So her portfolio is fine and she doesn't 'need' anything. Why not just pay her?

I think it's her body to display or not for whatever recompense she feels makes it worthwhile!

20 November 2013 20:16
JadedRed
Model

maybe im missing a key point here but its bugged me for a wile so want to ask other mind sets on it "will not shoot nude TF" in 9 out of 10 cases this is no issue at all but when a models strongest work is clearly their art nude on their portfolio if my payment is a copy of the images surely im going to want to shoot them at their best? you dont see photographers saying "will not use my SLR or lights for TF" is there a point im missing? im i over thinking this and just need to get out mor?(probably)or is it another one of those things in this world the photographer needs to just accept? josh

Yes, you're missing the point that if they already have strong art nude work they probably won't need to do TFP for it.

You're also missing the point that you don't have to TFP with them, if you want different things from the shoot then you shouldn't shoot together on that basis and yes that is something you just need to accept.

Some photographers won't pay for non-nudes, because they don't need to, same thing.

20 November 2013 20:23
JadedRed
Model

fro example a photographer has lots on head shots needs more nudes a model has more nudes but need head shots solution shoot both and both parties win josh

People do that all the time, but that doesn't mean it works for everyone and every project. Sometimes it can be difficult to smoosh two different things in to one shoot, location nudes and beauty shots for example. Some people only want to work with someone who is really invested in their shots.

For example, maybe I want to shoot some awesome idea that I've put a lot of time and effort in to, I've got a real passion to collaborate with someone on this vision. I could go 50/50 or I could say, no, wait, I want someone who is in this with me, who wants to bring an equal amount of passion to this particular concept, who is willing to devote an entire shoot to collaborating on this. That's not really how I work but it's an understandable position I feel.

Some people if they offer to do TFP nudes in return for, example, headshots will have a bazillion photographers from every corner of the country inboxing them regardless of their ability to provide a decent headshot and think to themselves, well if I see a guy who has got what i need headshot wise, I'LL contact HIM and offer to do something he wants in return.

Chrissie Red is off-line
20 November 2013 20:37
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

fro example a photographer has lots on head shots needs more nudes a model has more nudes but need head shots solution shoot both and both parties win josh

You make no mention of the headshots being any good.

I don't rule out nude on a collaborative basis but I sure as hell would want something completely outstanding in return. Last year I shot with a talented young photographer local to me, I honestly thought the sun shone out her ass (as does quite a few other locals) - I turned up with bags of stuff, and worked my ass off all day - mainly doing fashion'ish stuff but we done some pretty simple nude work because thats what she wanted to focus on. I had no complaints at all about that - Long story short is that about an hour after the shoot she had uploaded quite a lot from the nude set we had, I wasn't keen on them - I already had much better in my portfolio but I didn't say anything and waited for the shots from the sessions I liked to materialise. I waited almost 6 months for her to bother her ass - I was rewarded with 2 images from 1 set which was nowhere near as awesome as her previous work - probably because she didn't want to shoot that style with me or grudgingly sent me them, she got what she wanted - a nude model to pose for her images and she was happy but I was left feeling extremely used and I was quite tempted to send her an invoice for my wasted time. I imagine this happens fairly often though for models - photographer wants nude on tf so will barter other styles in return for it but put little effort into what she wants for her portfolio.

I don't see any issues with models asking for payment for nude shoots, I almost always do unless I have contacted the photgrapher myself and its not out of spite but generally 99% of the nude requests on tf I get are mindnumbingly boring/wouldn't enhance my portfolio so for me there is little motivation to get out of bed/ freeze my tits off/travel when i could be getting paid to do it by somebody else who actually values my work enough to put his hand in his pocket and pay for it or at least look at my portfolio properly to see what I do/don't need in it before contacting me.

Its not the end of the world, there are packs of hounds waiting for new models to sign up so they can get some tf shoots with girls eager to please so not all models expect payment or even good pictures in return for posing for somebody.

Jay R Tog is off-line
20 November 2013 21:19
Photographer
London
london/kent

Quote from Chrissie_Red
You make no mention of the headshots being any good.

I don't rule out nude on a collaborative basis but I sure as hell would want something completely outstanding in return. Last year I shot with a talented young photographer local to me, I honestly thought the sun shone out her ass (as does quite a few other locals) - I turned up with bags of stuff, and worked my ass off all day - mainly doing fashion'ish stuff but we done some pretty simple nude work because thats what she wanted to focus on. I had no complaints at all about that - Long story short is that about an hour after the shoot she had uploaded quite a lot from the nude set we had, I wasn't keen on them - I already had much better in my portfolio but I didn't say anything and waited for the shots from the sessions I liked to materialise. I waited almost 6 months for her to bother her ass - I was rewarded with 2 images from 1 set which was nowhere near as awesome as her previous work - probably because she didn't want to shoot that style with me or grudgingly sent me them, she got what she wanted - a nude model to pose for her images and she was happy but I was left feeling extremely used and I was quite tempted to send her an invoice for my wasted time. I imagine this happens fairly often though for models - photographer wants nude on tf so will barter other styles in return for it but put little effort into what she wants for her portfolio.

I don't see any issues with models asking for payment for nude shoots, I almost always do unless I have contacted the photgrapher myself and its not out of spite but generally 99% of the nude requests on tf I get are mindnumbingly boring/wouldn't enhance my portfolio so for me there is little motivation to get out of bed/ freeze my tits off/travel when i could be getting paid to do it by somebody else who actually values my work enough to put his hand in his pocket and pay for it or at least look at my portfolio properly to see what I do/don't need in it before contacting me.

Its not the end of the world, there are packs of hounds waiting for new models to sign up so they can get some tf shoots with girls eager to please so not all models expect payment or even good pictures in return for posing for somebody.

i understand and agree with you 100%

my gripe is not a model not shooting nude tf in a particular situation its making a blanket comment about it that bothers me

20 November 2013 21:29
JadedRed
Model

my gripe is not a model not shooting nude tf in a particular situation its making a blanket comment about it that bothers me

Why? It should only bother you if you feel you are somehow entitled to have things any other way. 

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
amber6 AmberBray Cody Jessicaliu1993 Pinklilly
abouncer antoinewynn davejarvis Don_Dark ellessephotography George99 gwentman jefflynne JohnDentonPhoto Kjoservices modelboutique Morgan_L paulq peteb poah psn riddell Rule_of_Thumb siclews soulc steveh32 Steveharratt Thunder_Photos TonyNutley