Reminder Secure

Please dont hate me.....

20 November 2013 09:35
johnlp
Photographer

Quote from Cody
But would you get your kit off for free?

I would, yes.  After all nobody is going to pay me!

Frank Sinnott is off-line
20 November 2013 09:41
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

Your assumption is your work is good enough to forward their careers. The models may think differently so getting their kit off for you is like throwing money away. Nude work is a models greatest earning potential and you'll usually find the best photographers are the ones that get to do TFP. Or have models pay them to enhance their ports. Can't have models stripping wily nilly for any old tog. Levels have to match levels in order to balance.

20 November 2013 09:45
barone
Photographer

People TF whatever they like & it shouldn't bug you....You equating it to a photographer not using his "SLR or lights for TF"....is just silly...be respectful.....
Next Model Day...23rd March 2014...http://purpleport.com/portfolio/angie...Interested?...Ask me for details.

Neil Anderson is off-line
20 November 2013 09:51
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from stolenfaces
What would you be bringing to the party then, 'when a models strongest work is clearly their art nude on their portfolio' ?

Oh I see now 'my SLR or lights'
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
20 November 2013 10:05
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Unless they are only in it for the fun, which if fine, why on earth would any model shoot for just prints, whatever the genre, unless there is some clear benefit for them? As already pointed out you sort of answered your own question. If she had a strong nude portfolio there is no possible purpose adding to that. Building up some other aspect of her work that is not so strongly represented may enable her to bring in additional work however.

Also it may be seen as a way to build contacts for future paid work. A bit like me giving away a free session and framed desk portrait to new clients knowing that if I get things right they will invariably upgrade to a wall print or buy other products and use me again in the future.

Even your talk about not using your flash backfires. I have a full studio but want to get in some locations sets soon simply because I have not done enough of that lately. So I would be effectively saying sorry but you cannot have studio sessions even though that is my 'strong point' on my portfolio because I have all I need for now.

I've even thought about doing a session without my SLR for a laugh and using the iPhone as it would be an interesting challenge to see how close I can get to what the SLR produces.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Paul Hodson is off-line
20 November 2013 10:06
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Josh_Woodcock_Photography
maybe im missing a key point here but its bugged me for a wile so want to ask other mind sets on it "will not shoot nude TF"....... is there a point im missing?

As unsolicited crtique is not allowed, this is a difficult question to answer.  laugh

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

20 November 2013 10:27
PaulManuell
Photographer

I don't shoot nudes, so I'm not personally affected by models wanting/demanding payment only for doing so. But your analogy's excellent, and one that would never have occurred to me (and I dare say many others either), so I'm going to follow this thread with real interest. Editing this now to say I posted it before realising the thread had already run to 2 pages.

Jesfish is off-line
20 November 2013 10:56
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

I think your time might be better spent searching for models who are happy to shoot nude TF and fit your criteria than argue it out on the forum.

Personally I will shoot clothed or nude as long as I am getting something beneficial from it, i.e money or good images.  What others choose to do is entirely up to them and not something we should waste our time questioning.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
20 November 2013 11:11
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

The easiest thing is to dig into yer wallet.

Less agro, it gets the job done & everyone's happy.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

raw and the cooked is off-line
20 November 2013 14:16
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

Strangely, models do get naked for me TFP. Guess they have their reasons……..

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
dhuntuk Keithhendy RoninUK Willjamieson Willy_O