Please dont hate me.....

Jay R Tog is off-line
20 November 2013 08:38
Josh_Woodcock_Photography
Photographer
London
london/kent

maybe im missing a key point here but its bugged me for a wile so want to ask other mind sets on it

"will not shoot nude TF"

in 9 out of 10 cases this is no issue at all but when a models strongest work is clearly their art nude on their portfolio if my payment is a copy of the images surely im going to want to shoot them at their best?

you dont see photographers saying

"will not use my SLR or lights for TF"

is there a point im missing? im i over thinking this and just need to get out mor?(probably)or is it another one of those things in this world the photographer needs to just accept?

josh
Don't take care, take risks

Profile Pictures is off-line
20 November 2013 08:41
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Market economics are relevant, nude attracts pay. Equally some models work nude at the same rate as clothed. As always, if a tf isn't mutually beneficial, it probably won't be arranged so no harm done.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
20 November 2013 08:48
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

There is the asumption that all photographers are in this simply for the photos and sadly that couldn't be further from the truth.

There are a great many who are simply in it to see some tits & arse (ever heard of GWCs?) and models aren't stupid, so why shouldn't they make the best of it?

I suppose the saying "If you've got something worth selling, don't give it away for free" comes to mind.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Neil Anderson is off-line
20 November 2013 09:03
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from Josh_Woodcock_Photography
maybe im missing a key point here but its bugged me for a wile so want to ask other mind sets on it

"will not shoot nude TF"

in 9 out of 10 cases this is no issue at all but when a models strongest work is clearly their art nude on their portfolio if my payment is a copy of the images surely im going to want to shoot them at their best?

you dont see photographers saying

"will not use my SLR or lights for TF"

is there a point im missing? im i over thinking this and just need to get out mor?(probably)or is it another one of those things in this world the photographer needs to just accept?

josh

If nude is already their strongest work, why would they need to tf for more nude photos ? How would that benefit their commercial appeal. You've already been attracted by their nude work, so that just shows their portfolio is adequate in that area.
It's like a photographer saying 'I may have some great colour headshots but I want to broaden my portfolio by trying some black and white nudes, sorry I don't need to improve my headshots.

As with all things connected with arranging shoots, it is much better if a model or photographer makes their position clear and avoids time-wasted on both side.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Jay R Tog is off-line
20 November 2013 10:02
Photographer
London
london/kent

Quote from stolenfaces

If nude is already their strongest work, why would they need to tf for more nude photos ? How would that benefit their commercial appeal. You've already been attracted by their nude work, so that just shows their portfolio is adequate in that area.
It's like a photographer saying 'I may have some great colour headshots but I want to broaden my portfolio by trying some black and white nudes, sorry I don't need to improve my headshots.

As with all things connected with arranging shoots, it is much better if a model or photographer makes their position clear and avoids time-wasted on both side.

surely in that situation your would shoot both head shots and nudes in 1 shoot meaning you both get what your after?

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
20 November 2013 10:04
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

But would you get your kit off for free?

Jay R Tog is off-line
20 November 2013 10:07
Photographer
London
london/kent

Quote from Cody

if you need me to to progress your career and you are doing something equal in return, yes

G Jack B is off-line
20 November 2013 10:24
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

Quote from Cody

yes a lot of photgraphers seem to think you need to do lots of practice shoots before you can  charge to do art nude... and then they dont need to pay you as they have found another model to "help" or " teach"... 

Like you I agree models do not need to get there kit off for free.... 
Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

Neil Anderson is off-line
20 November 2013 10:28
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

What would you be bringing to the party then, 'when a models strongest work is clearly their art nude on their portfolio' ?
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Profile Pictures is off-line
20 November 2013 10:33
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Quote from Josh_Woodcock_Photography

if you need me to to progress your career and you are doing something equal in return, yes

Right, I can see that working out well then! I think maybe, on reflection, you are missing the point, widely.

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
celebrateeverymoment Danielamoreno1975 inversexpression Lushlolly toxicinnocence
alanbassettphotography ansonphotography digitizer Hazy James7799 JohnDentonPhoto kai_kul Lenz LGMPhotographic MIB mikebee Photosareu psn redbaron robsplace siclews steveh32 urbano