Reminder Secure

Posting casting calls and replies received from models

13 November 2013 19:01
Surreyshooter
Photographer

emoticon Moderator Advisory - potential 'popcorn' threademoticon

Is it just me, or do other togs get really annoying, stupid and completely unsuitable replies to their castings that they post?

Do models actually read castings or are some of them incapable of reading??

Paul Hodson is off-line
14 November 2013 02:19
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

All models are stupid. It's only we photographers who never send inappropriate replies to casting calls.........
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

14 November 2013 02:23
Lisaliz
Model

Sorry, can't seem to read this?

raw and the cooked is off-line
14 November 2013 02:26
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

Love your work, Hun!

14 November 2013 03:16
barone
Photographer

Is it payed....
Next Model Day...23rd March 2014...http://purpleport.com/portfolio/angie...Interested?...Ask me for details.

Paul Venn is off-lineSilver Member
14 November 2013 03:26
jpv
Photographer
jpv
Norfolk
Norwich

intrested

14 November 2013 05:18
silverk
Photographer

I wasn't aware that you got replies!

theperfectgentleman is off-line
14 November 2013 05:48
theperfectgentleman
Photographer
theperfectgentleman
Essex
Chelmsford

I think that assumptive text has a lot to answer for.
It would appear that we put down or read what we think was said but never read the correct information.
How many posts here actually answer the point as it's put down.
Or more important put onto paper succinctly, without the btw,lol, and all the other gobbildie gook that goes with it.

Gerry is off-line
14 November 2013 05:50
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

You will always get the odd one but if that ticks you off then maybe the casting call system is not for you.

If you are getting a lot then it may help if you look at what you are offering by way of a shoot in your casting calls. There are many thousands of shoots happening so other people are having no trouble arranging them.

Models shooting the levels you are asking in your castings may not be able to shoot at their home, may be uncomfortable with the idea of location work and may expect to see quite a few references and even may take a view on quality of the photography before they may consider such requests. A lack of serious offers will obviously make the silly ones seem more annoying.

Models that shoot at those levels have their own requirements to take on shoots and maybe you need to consider adapting your requirements - either levels or book established studios.
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

14 November 2013 06:58
PaulManuell
Photographer

I put in a casting call recently, and bearing in mind I'm in Cornwall, the first reply I got was from a model in Southampton. To be fair to her, though, I never said in the casting call that I was looking to shoot only in Cornwall, so I immediately amended it to say this. The next reply was from a model in Merseyside!! The final one was from a Devon based model, but as that's only in the next county I decided to make the trip. I was so glad I did as she was a lovely lady and we had a brilliant shoot. And none of the models' replies annoyed me, they only frustrated me in the instance of the first two as they were both models I'd happily have worked with if they weren't so far away. Speaking personally, I'd rather have any number of inappropriate casting call replies than none at all.

11 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
kelleanne sehrishkhan
Dphphotography fineartbysimon keltica Redbaron skinz snapcandy southernsnapper stevegosh Thunder_Photos