Editing.. Is It Rude?

Neil Anderson is off-line
15 November 2013 05:56
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Whilst it is (of course) rude and rather offensive to interfere with your photo, most of the the replies on here such as 'devalues the whole industry' and even the (drunken ?) tirade against models expecting to be paid, seem pretty similar to the record industry's reaction to mp3s and Napster.

Going on and on about people using camera phones rather than paying someone with expensive equipment won't make the world go back to the cosy 90's.

Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Moi is off-line
15 November 2013 09:06
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

Quote from stolenfaces
Whilst it is (of course) rude and rather offensive to interfere with your photo, most of the the replies on here such as 'devalues the whole industry' and even the (drunken ?) tirade against models expecting to be paid, seem pretty similar to the record industry's reaction to mp3s and Napster. Going on and on about people using camera phones rather than paying someone with expensive equipment won't make the world go back to the cosy 90's.

I went into HMV the other day and apparently they no longer stock cylinders or gramaphone needles - no wonder they are having to close their stores cheeky
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

Skymouse is onlineGold Member
15 November 2013 18:35
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

Quote from OldMaster
[W]hen it comes to models there aren't so many of them that will do anything without payment because there will always be some one out there prepared to pay them and the quality of the outcome is of no importance.

Back to "Business 101" for you.

A service provider is able to command a fee precisely because the customer considers the outcome worth parting with the dosh.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

Skymouse is onlineGold Member
15 November 2013 18:40
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

Back on topic,

To Emmwood: I'm sorry to hear what happened. We only have one side of the story of course, but to judge from what you've told us, what they did was not only illegal, but it was beyond rude: they were sticking their finger up at you and they knew it.

I hope you get some kind of satisfactory outcome.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

16 November 2013 16:06
emmwood
Model

Thanks everyone; I've reported the images to FaceBook explaining that they're my work and have been downloaded, logo removed and edited all without permissions. They have been brilliant and taken down the photos.

Also big thank you to everyone who messaged me regarding this, I was swimming in a foreign sea so to speak, never dealt with this kind of thing before!

Knew I could count on you guys! *smiles*

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
DareMeDD ElleLaura Hann kategrimsby MissCaraJane
antoinewynn diphoto dorrian hjphoto iDubai2018 jimbob Kjoservices MIB normant orca_photography read redbaron rod_m99 siclews skymouse stevegosh Thunder_Photos zzdigital