Ken Pegg is off-line
08 December 2013 06:24
kenp
Photographer
kenp
Dorset
Weymouth

Quote from Rawandthecooked
My point is this, get a couple of snaps past some firkin intern, on a non paying site, and all of a sudden, you are 'published by vogue', or ' vogue approved' ( yes I have seen guys making theses claims!)Anyone making such claims is a snake oil salesman of the highest order.That is all. though I do assume the odd decent snap does get through, even Kirky makes no claims for greatness for his shed snap!

No your point was to rubbish somebody's wholly reasonable and honest post. Photovogue state that the images are reviewed and selected by their picture editor, you say 'some firkin intern'. Photovogue images are marketed and paid for by Arts and Commerce, you say 'non paying site'. I know who I believe.
Instead you highjack the thread to boast that you were given a raffle prize by someone who was paid to give you said prize about 40 years ago.
You sad little man.

raw and the cooked is off-line
08 December 2013 08:12
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

Have to answer that one Ken! Your memory seems to be better than mine, as you seem to know all about my award, except that it wasn't a raffle, Mr Snowdon was not paid, and 40 years ago I would have been twelve! Want to tell me more about it? You clearly have no idea what your talking about, and just because I am not,personally, over impressed by the 'vogue italia' thing, other opinions are available. That doesn't mean you have the right to get all huffy about it.If you don't like an opinion that isn't sycophantic, just jog on, and let's not make it personal, eh?

Ken Pegg is off-line
08 December 2013 08:33
kenp
Photographer
kenp
Dorset
Weymouth

Sorry? All I have done is trivialise something that you consider to be a personal achievement.
Exactly what you have done with the OP.

raw and the cooked is off-line
08 December 2013 08:54
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

I was judged and awarded by the only truly relevant professional body in photography in this country ( can you guess which body I am referring to?). The Hassleblad was only one of the prizes I won. Even if it was 30 years ago, it is still a matter of personal pride to me. Snowdon not only awarded it, he judged it!

Forgive me if I personally find this more of an achievement than a photo vogue italia, or even an FPI from another modelling website. I am clearly missing a marketing opportunity by not calling myself an award winning fashion photographer.As clearly this thread has been de-railed, I will make no further contribution. Now go have a large scotch before you give yourself a heart attack…… IT'S ONLY MY OPINION!

Ken Pegg is off-line
08 December 2013 09:32
kenp
Photographer
kenp
Dorset
Weymouth

Don't you appreciate that you are diminishing your own achievment with your unwarranted put down of the OP?
If you desperately want a pat on the back for something that happend decades ago, then start your own thread.

Samantha Duell is off-line
08 December 2013 14:00
SDuell
Photographer
SDuell
Cambridgeshire
whittlesey

well done its a gr8 pic

panda49 is off-line
08 December 2013 17:00
panda49
Photographer

London
London/Birmingham

Well done but just another way of conde naste getting free images sadly

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
mandymack
ellessephotography FlyingShot Ian123 JohnDentonPhoto JSP rscott360