Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
15 November 2013 03:32
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from johnlp
Not quite the same thing, but I often find that the last half hour of a shoot can provide some of the best images, as having covered the main themes you've then got time to improvise.

+1

Although I'd have argued it's because you're both more relaxed in each others company and are winding down which will mean more spontaneous shots rather than looking contrived.  Nerves often get the better of me so this seems a valid explanation, certainly in my case.

Three of what I consider to be my best images were among the last 3 or 4 shots taken during the shoots (which involved hundreds of shots each) in question and were spontaneous rather than planned:

When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

15 November 2013 03:59
johnlp
Photographer

"Although I'd have argued it's because you're both more relaxed in each others company and are winding down which will mean more spontaneous shots rather than looking contrived"
+1

I was considering adding something like this (but not so eloquently)in my original piece.

John Allen is off-line
16 November 2013 08:32
CanonpicsParayphotos
Photographer

Somerset
Wells

Sorry, I haven`t been able to upload my example. However, I`ved "upped" it to the main image on my portfolio.

No idea what went wrong with the flash arrangements - but I rather like the shot on the right.

CanonpicsParayphotos.

Jay R Tog is off-line
16 November 2013 09:15
Josh_Woodcock_Photography
Photographer
Josh_Woodcock_Photography
London
london/kent

Quote from CanonpicsParayphotos
Sorry, I haven`t been able to upload my example. However, I`ved "upped" it to the main image on my portfolio.

No idea what went wrong with the flash arrangements - but I rather like the shot on the right.

CanonpicsParayphotos.

here u go il add it
Don't take care, take risks

John Allen is off-line
16 November 2013 11:44
CanonpicsParayphotos
Photographer

Somerset
Wells

Well done that man !

Many thanks, Josh.

Bryony Edwards is off-lineSilver Member
16 November 2013 13:02
bryonyphotography
Photographer
bryonyphotography
Derbyshire
Mansfield

It may not be quite on subject, but i often find that the image that I like most from a set is not necessarily one which is commercially usable, so not one that is picked by the "client".

I have a few images in my portfolio which would definitely be considered out-takes.

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AdelineE fionajane miles NatashaAston xamberx
63jian ad360photo azurphotos bbphotos CaperePulchrae david1500 doughnut Galaxypro GlasgowPhotographer gshocker30 joolsy Ladiesman lambiepie71 lester2705 mareeoosh nemesis picusio rscott360 Scotography scottmcccxiv southernsnapper stevegosh steveh32 Vinceb westend_portfolios