ideas from when stuff goes wrong?

Jay R Tog is off-line
12 November 2013 06:07
Josh_Woodcock_Photography
Photographer
London
london/kent

so in the photo below it all started one shoot with a friend of mine who iv shot a dozen times and the flash behind me didnt fire but backdrop did i now love the image and have had it displayed in various compilations and stuff

but really it wasnt the shot i was after........ it went wrong then i did some photoshop and liked the result....

does this happen to anyone else? or am i alone in my wierd world

Don't take care, take risks

Marcel Christian is off-lineSilver Member
12 November 2013 06:41
nessie
Photographer
nessie
East Sussex

Know the feeling well ........... First shot on the beach almost right ...........

Then try again and didn't see the wave coming!!!

Giggles all round afterwards - Emily is a great sport!

Mark Silvester is off-lineGold Member
12 November 2013 06:46
marksilvester
Photographer
marksilvester
Dorset
Gillingham

Yes, but have noticed doing studio workshops that all too often its seen as a mistake and deleted before it make its way to a screen and the chance to have a proper look.

w4pictures is off-line
12 November 2013 06:47
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Yes, it happens often and usually for the same reasons (I must replace my flash heads). And then, as you say, it starts to look like a very contrasty version of something you nearly intended and now quite like.

Jay R Tog is off-line
12 November 2013 06:54
Photographer
London
london/kent

wow this had me in fits kudos to emily!
Don't take care, take risks

Paul Hodson is off-line
12 November 2013 07:07
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from nessie
Then try again and didn't see the wave coming!

So you say, so you say!  smiley  Didn't stop you timing the shot perfectly! wink
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

12 November 2013 08:39
paule
Photographer

I'd done a little urbex at this old military hospital a few months earlier.. found a model who was up for a shoot there, arranged the session... turned up...

before

and found this.... I guess the ravers turning up the week prior to me moved demolition plans forward... it had stood empty for years... we had to find an alternative site.. which was nowhere near as good..

after

Suzy Monty is off-line
12 November 2013 09:18
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Lady photographer was taking my picture. I posed behind a tree and her flash failed to go off properly, so we ended up with a Halloween type shot...
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

OldMaster is off-line
14 November 2013 05:16
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

Judging by the red eyes and the shadows there certainly was flash... just hopelessly too much!!

As for the girl on the beach/wave..the second one catching the moment and the shock reaction is so much a better picture than the "sterile" pose of the first...definitely a winner for me!!

As for the demolition one....

15 November 2013 03:13
johnlp
Photographer

Not quite the same thing, but I often find that the last half hour of a shoot can provide some of the best images, as having covered the main themes you've then got time to improvise.

The last image on my profile was done by guessing where to put the flash, getting the setting totally wrong, throwing the water, from a plastic cup courteously of the hotel room, with my left hand and holding the camera with my right hand.  I'm pretty sure that I haven't cropped the image either, and definately not photoshopped.

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Hazy Robinsky supernova