This thread is being watched by 1 person
Andy is off-line
11 November 2013 19:40
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

So the last two years i have done boudoir shots and glamour for you ladies in time for a Christmas calendar for their boyfriends gifts, the question is, what on gods green earth makes you think we would actually want one ? give me a new set of drill bits or a new sling for the rifle anyday. or maybe even if you were nicely squeezed into the outfit, thatwould be nice ! but a printed copy.....and you all say that wer'e not tuned into what makes you happy. wink one of the poor buggers thinks he's getting a wood lathe haha
lets get shootin

Andy is off-line
11 November 2013 19:41
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife

Actually as usual it was two friends shooting at the same time, now maybe if they gave their calendars to their friends partners, that would be acceptable
lets get shootin

11 November 2013 19:48
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from photostore
So the last two years i have done boudoir shots and glamour for you ladies in time for a Christmas calendar for their boyfriends gift.....

.....and thought it's about time to advertise my services again for this Christmas, but (un)subtley dress it up as a humorous thread.

Andy is off-line
11 November 2013 19:50
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife

Quote from PaulManuell
.....and thought it's about time to advertise my services again for this Christmas, but (un)subtley dress it up as a humorous thread.

No Not at all, i dont charge for any photography, this was my wifes hairdresser and friend, i know the guys, hence i know about the wood lathe, so how wrong can you be in a reply ?

lets get shootin

11 November 2013 20:58
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from photostore
how wrong can you be in a reply ?

I dunno, about the same as you're lacking a soh maybe?

Andy is off-line
12 November 2013 05:08
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife

"lacking a soh", again no, just i recognise a cynical dig when i see one, the thumbs up at the end did little to disguise it !we'll have to agree to disagree i guess,

Anyway can we please drop this now ? i'm actually interested in the workings of the female mind on this one, the girls seem genuinely very excited about their gift, i see lead balloons on the horizon. So girls....why ? and boys would you think it a great gift (assuming you were not a photographer for a moment)
lets get shootin

Neil Anderson is off-line
12 November 2013 05:40
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Presumably the lack of response is because the situation that you describe is not one that most people recognize. Perhaps 'the ladies' you refer to aren't a)professional models, b)representative of all females.

If you are you are genuinely interested in an answer to the question, why don't you ask the people who actually asked you to shoot these gifts, rather than the astonished wider world.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Paul Jones is off-line
12 November 2013 10:36
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

On a sidenote I wonder why almost every other thread on here lately turns into needless confrontation or derision?

On a serious note, to actually address the question that was raised, I feel that the act of giving a boudoir keepsake to a loved one can be as much about the lady feeling good about herself as the gift itself.  Ladies who are non-models report that having a boudoir or glamour photo session is a great confidence booster.

Best regards
Paul

www.PaulJones.org (Glamour / Portraits / NSFW)

Dragon Graffix is off-line
16 November 2013 17:01
DragonGraffix
Photographer

Hampshire
Portsmouth

Andy, I thought your post was quite amusing! I had a similar experience when a friend asked me to do calendar for her husband for 2 years in a row for her husband's Christmas present. In the third year her husband asked me if his wife had asked me to photograph for a new calendar for him. I grinned (meaning yes) so he asked me to turn her request down and hint that he wanted a new lawn mower!

Unfortunately, there are members of Purestorm that take pleasure in taking an unnecessary swipe at people who post to the forum, and this is, unfortunately is driving members away from the forum, and in some cases away from Purestorm itself. If these people have nothing constructive to say, it is probably best that they say nothing at all!
"Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical." - Sophia Loren

Hannah Louise is off-line
16 November 2013 20:28
HannLou
Model
HannLou
Cheshire
Wirral

I've done something similar for my partner's Birthday. Although it was not my idea, he requested it himself as his gift. Perhaps some have been in this same position.

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Asheszlynn laine
ad360photo cliffc diphoto gadzooks2 iestyn keltica Kjoservices mlp PC9 philippahh skymouse steevrosewood Terry_Draper Yekim