Reminder Secure

Now the nights are drawing in (four candles)

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
19 November 2013 04:30
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I'd suggest the inclusion of the 'four candles' title probably instigated that style of humour in the first place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO6EE1xTXmw
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Profile Pictures is off-line
19 November 2013 05:00
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Four candles was intended to be light hearted yes, it's the pathetic jokes about nudity I'm fed up with. it's not even schoolboy humour of any quality.

I'm rather looking forward to some contributors to the thread offering up their work as a share excercise though, assuming they actually ever shoot anything, and assuming they've any interest in contributing rather than just being lewd like an elderly uncle at Christmas, oh, and assuming their stuff isn't bland uninteresting dross reminiscent of a well thumbed underwear section from a 1980's catalogue?

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
19 November 2013 05:34
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

I agree that the phanar, phanar, comments are non contributory to the imagery, though by invoking the Two Ronnie's classic, you, yourself, rather took it down a notch.
I think the second image (though not actually 4 candles) is very atmospheric and interesting.

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
19 November 2013 05:53
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

The "saw tips" / "sore tips" pun was a defining moment of the "Fork Handles" sketch.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

Howard Mansfield is off-line
19 November 2013 06:45
HMansfield
Photographer
HMansfield
Nottinghamshire

Okay, so these pictures.....

I like the set up and idea of them, however I don't think the pose in the first one is overly flattering, and I'd consider having the candelabra off-centre, simply because (as others have latched onto), it does appear that she's toasting her nether regions.

Purely a matter of taste, but the candles are too white for my liking. To me, an old candelabra should have old candles, and so I'd get them to be a "dirty ivory" sort of colour. The flickering flame in the third shot is great though.
Everyone knows photographers make up the hottest proportions of Britains single men. - Kater

Steve Guy is off-line
19 November 2013 08:30
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

Light and shade, light and shade. Not baps and flaps. I'm an artist FFS! It's just that apples and grapes in a bowl don't catch the light and shade in the same artistic way as baps and flaps, as any true artist knows.

19 November 2013 10:40
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I despair at this place, it's like a bloody care home.

Stibnite is off-line
19 November 2013 10:59
Stibnite
Photographer
Stibnite
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Quote from profilepictures
I despair at this place, it's like a bloody care home.

thats care in the community for you.....

not keen on the first, but the third is simply beautiful

You don't need eyes to see you need vision...........

David Heels is off-line
19 November 2013 12:24
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Profilepictures, if you were merely fishing for compliments, and only wanted smoke blown up your arse, then you should have stated so, in your original post.

All the juvenile comments are in direct response to your comedy picture. It is after all a crude open leg shot, (phallic candle strategically placed), pompously passing itself off as art. Is it any wonder we snigger at it? And you taking the moral high ground and insulting everyone who reacts negatively to it, really doesn't help your cause.

The other three are very nice, and have not elicited such a reaction. Perhaps there's something to be learned from this?

Dave

19 November 2013 13:57
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

No, I was sharing some pictures. Unfortunately what happened was (perhaps having made the error of using a comedy motif relating to the presence of candles?) Some people chose to make crude remarks. You for instance mentioned 'lady fart' and burning 'kitty fur' a good example of poor humour poorly placed.

As for blowing smoke? Not so much that as an attempt to inject some actual pictures into the daily activity here. Doesn't seem that people do that too much. That strikes me as odd given the nature of the site.

You won't find any negative, nor indeed positive remarks from me in relation to people passing an opinion on the pictures. People are of course entitled to their opinion, more so when they've been presented something to look at. What I've commented on is stupid comments trying to be funny but sounding like a child.

I don't take any offence to you suggesting the picture is pompous or obvious or crude, those are just opinions, and yours to enjoy.

I look forward to your next output, for a 'professional' you seem to have been a bit tardy uploading anything new for around 5 years? Even Santa comes once a year fella. By all means put your money where your mouth is?

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AndyGStudios RoninUK