Reminder Secure

We're 5 different people.

This thread is being watched by 1 person
15 November 2013 05:35
johnlp
Photographer

When I was young I was oblivious to what people thought of me.
When I was at school I always wanted the teachers to think the best of me.
When I was in my mid-years I always worried what people thought of me.
Now, I just don't give a johnlp is a naughty person .

15 November 2013 08:54
shapeman
Photographer

My Wife keeps reminding me:

What happened to the boy I went to School with
The teenager I feel in love with

And

The Man I Married? Thank God she is not a mind reader
If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace. John Lennon

Chris is off-line
15 November 2013 11:49
CCP
Photographer
CCP
Essex
Near East London

Ahhh what happened to you? What ever happened to me?
What became of the people we used to be?
Tomorrow's almost over, today went by so fast,
Is the only thing to look forward to, the past???

15 November 2013 12:24
johnlp
Photographer

Quote from CCP
Ahhh what happened to you? What ever happened to me?
What became of the people we used to be?
Tomorrow's almost over, today went by so fast,
Is the only thing to look forward to, the past???

Yes, Autumn is upon us, the leaves are turning brown and dropping, the dreams and hopes of summer failed to ripen, and the daylight is short and the temperature is getting colder.  Nothing to look forward to but loneliness, arthritus and an insufficient pension.

On the other hand, I have three shoots booked next week, one with a favourite model of mine, another with a model I've been wanting to work with for over a year, and the third with a redhead with long hair and loads of freckles.  So I'll have something else to tell the other folk in the old peoples home in a few years time.  It's never too late to do new things, meet new people and enjoy oneself.

Chris is off-line
16 November 2013 10:14
CCP
Photographer
CCP
Essex
Near East London

Quote from johnlp
Yes, Autumn is upon us, the leaves are turning brown and dropping, the dreams and hopes of summer failed to ripen, and the daylight is short and the temperature is getting colder.  Nothing to look forward to but loneliness, arthritus and an insufficient pension.

On the other hand, I have three shoots booked next week, one with a favourite model of mine, another with a model I've been wanting to work with for over a year, and the third with a redhead with long hair and loads of freckles.  So I'll have something else to tell the other folk in the old peoples home in a few years time.  It's never too late to do new things, meet new people and enjoy oneself.

Yes it's good to enjoy yourself while you still can, as we'll all be dead and gone in no time, as life is so short.  

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
16 November 2013 13:03
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Quote from CCP
I'm obsessed with time, so I can't help thinking about the 5 different phases of our lives. We're a baby, we're a child, then a young adult, then we're middle aged, then we reach old age. Five different phases, and feels like five different people in one lifetime. Although I'm the same person I feel the difference all through. Now I've turned into my dad, I feel different again. Only a couple years, and I'll start the final phase. Any thoughts?

It's even more complicated than that. Psychologists believe that teenagers (young adults) have at least four different personalty traits each revealing itself according to circumstance: the one when they are with parents, the one when they are with siblings, the one when they are with members of their peer group and one when they are with adults in authority (teachers, youth club workers etc). The onslaught of social media, messageboards, chatrooms etc also shows that many people have virtual personalities and traits that they would not demonstrate in 'real world' situations.
It was broken when I got here

Chris is off-line
20 November 2013 14:40
CCP
Photographer
CCP
Essex
Near East London

Quote from DorsetHammer
It's even more complicated than that. Psychologists believe that teenagers (young adults) have at least four different personalty traits each revealing itself according to circumstance: the one when they are with parents, the one when they are with siblings, the one when they are with members of their peer group and one when they are with adults in authority (teachers, youth club workers etc). The onslaught of social media, messageboards, chatrooms etc also shows that many people have virtual personalities and traits that they would not demonstrate in 'real world' situations.

I can't help thinking that we all behave totally differently in different places and situations according to what's allowed. At work, out with friends, at home with family etc. I don't think we ever lose that. If we did, we'd probably find ourselves in a lot of trouble. 

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ryansd
alanbassettphotography BobWright chrisfrancis18 DecimalDan dorrian eosfan Flanders fotokarl freddie FreelanceBadger gshocker30 gwentman ohkan redbaron RonA scott24 soulc strummer Studio1 Thunder_Photos