This thread is being watched by 1 person
ICONIC :P is off-line
01 November 2013 07:31
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

used to be full of raging discussions and a bussling atmosphere - now it seems dead like an abandonned ghost town , what happened?
pissing purestorm off since 2009

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
01 November 2013 07:43
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from Iconic
used to be full of raging discussions and a bussling atmosphere - now it seems dead like an abandonned ghost town , what happened?

I kind of like it...people seem to be concentrating on using PS as a work site, rather than as a vehicle to get involved in the usual childish nonsense..
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

Profile Pictures is off-line
01 November 2013 08:17
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

It's a shame really, feels like an old folks home here now. Mind you, I prefer the moderators style; whereas I once thought it a bit draconian, it turns out they're more decent folk than some I've encountered.

ICONIC :P is off-line
01 November 2013 08:38
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

its good to focus on work but good to have a bit of fun aswell - i agree old folks home or ghost town it feels lonely haha
pissing purestorm off since 2009

Charlie Z  is off-lineSilver Member
01 November 2013 08:46
zoepinknose
Model
zoepinknose
Spain
albox Almeria

Quote from IainT

I kind of like it...people seem to be concentrating on using PS as a work site, rather than as a vehicle to get involved in the usual childish nonsense..

Love this!!!!!
Never a dull moment

G Jack B is off-line
01 November 2013 09:20
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

I would say it is oddly quiet too.... I have 7 unread messages from the last week (over 48 hours old) all offering a shoot over the next month and they have not been read....in the past I would have only expect 2 or maybe 3 to not respond with 48 hours.

I suspect the answer is a lot of models are relying on FB et el...
Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

Paul Hodson is off-line
01 November 2013 10:48
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from profilepictures
It's a shame really, feels like an old folks home here now. Mind you, I prefer the moderators style; whereas I once thought it a bit draconian, it turns out they're more decent folk than some I've encountered.

Can't think who you mean!  laugh
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
01 November 2013 11:30
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I'm with Ian on this one. The only danger can be because the forum is quiet people may assume to whole site is and move onto other pastures. Really though the forums are barely relevant to the function of the site, which is to allow models and photographers to network.

I think like a lot of photographers I keep an eye on most of the sites, quiet or not but I tend not to post much these days simply because the forums get so predictable. If I need a model for a session fine, I either approach direct or place a casting call. If I see a model posting that fits in with a need of mine at the time I may follow it up. Neither needs use of forums.

Indeed there is an arguement that forums simply attract too many fantasists. Photographers and models who shoot endless sessions with no real purpose other than to provide an excuse to preen each other on how good they are. Convincing themselves they are experts in every aspect of photography or modelling despite barely having earned a bean from the 'career' in their lives.

Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Paul J is off-line
01 November 2013 12:23
Paul_J
Photographer
Paul_J
North Yorkshire
Selby / York

Quote from Iconic

surely with regard to the fourms a lot of the threads have all been said & done before anyway. no real point to a discussion if it's only banging the same old drum.

with regard to the purestorm community, did anyone notice a few days ago when a certain other portfolio hosting site was down, purestorm had nearly 500 users logged in (similar to the old days) rather than the 200/300 it now normally gets?
..... and your legs are too short, I want a fit bird from the Sunday Sport

Profile Pictures is off-line
01 November 2013 12:38
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Quote from redbaron
I'm with Ian on this one. The only danger can be because the forum is quiet people may assume to whole site is and move onto other pastures. Really though the forums are barely relevant to the function of the site, which is to allow models and photographers to network.

I think like a lot of photographers I keep an eye on most of the sites, quiet or not but I tend not to post much these days simply because the forums get so predictable. If I need a model for a session fine, I either approach direct or place a casting call. If I see a model posting that fits in with a need of mine at the time I may follow it up. Neither needs use of forums.

Indeed there is an arguement that forums simply attract too many fantasists. Photographers and models who shoot endless sessions with no real purpose other than to provide an excuse to preen each other on how good they are. Convincing themselves they are experts in every aspect of photography or modelling despite barely having earned a bean from the 'career' in their lives.

Those are called hobbyists or enthusiasts very often. You should check out their work, you might well benefit from it. Maybe get in the papers again even huh?

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
danixhale Michelledefeo1 softgentle
altf4images azurphotos Brian2008 clarmike Creativedge dannyrich digitizer diphoto DJ200 dmphotos edwards ellessephotography jackblack1 jamesboswell Ladiesman Luchik MIB niceman07 pierre psn Snooper911 TWO50
matt