Reminder Secure

What do I set my fee at as a beginner?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
03 November 2013 10:41
Lisaliz
Model

There are two problems with asking for high rates. One is certainly that reputable photographers will pass you over in favour of those experienced and talented models who charge up to £30 per hour. The other problem is that you might attract men who are to put it bluntly, interested in some sort of a sexual experience. I'm not going to take a moral viewpoint on this, that is for people to work out for themselves according to their comfort zones and what is within site rules. But just remember that you have the right to be treated with respect and not to be cajoled or bullied into work which is beyond the levels you choose. There will always be people here who will support you in this. This is a good site for looking after you in this way. Keep any discussion plans onsite, as opposed to agreeing to talk privately ( unless you are 100% confident that is ok). Ask for advice from models who have also worked with your prospective photographers. As you progress you will probably find you are working with very nice people and you will have a good time. By then you will also have a feel for the right kind of price too.

Paul Hodson is off-line
03 November 2013 14:21
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from EdT
My inbox is very dull in comparison.

So's mine I'm happy to say.  (and no - that's not an invitation to make it more exciting)

(What is it about Bob do you think?  smiley)

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Riley Baddox is off-line
13 November 2013 16:40
Riley_08
Model

South Yorkshire

I think rates depend on a lot of things!

Adult Prices

Say a photographer wants you to do a full day of adult which he is then going to upload to his website and make a lot of money from, why should beginners only charge £30 an hour for the shoot? Experience or not most of the time adult work is all about the content and seeing the content. The viewer doesn't know or care about the lighting and editing skills of the photographer, or even the experience the model has, they just want to see the content. I wouldn't sell myself short and get my bits out for £30 an hour!

As for paying inexperienced models for an art nude or lingerie shot or whatever, well that in itself is just plain stupid and I'd be cautious as to why this photographer wants to.

For adult work most of the work I've done I've been paid £200ish for half a day £500ish for a full day. The prices were all suggested by the photographers themselves and I personally wouldn't do adult for less than £45-50 an hour now that I have done said work for said price as I know I can get work charging that much.

GCImages is off-line
13 November 2013 17:04
GSC4X
Photographer
GSC4X
Gloucestershire
Gloucester

I think the OP came.....and didn't come back.........

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
15 November 2013 15:49
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

Quote from Gussy05
I am just starting out and I have had a few people ask what I charge per hour. As I have never charged anyone before I have no idea what the going rate is. Any advice please?

Unless the photographer is also a beginner, I think it'd be more commonplace that they would be the one proposing the fee to begin with. You could try negotiating them up to see what happens; after a while you'll get an idea of what to expect. But remember there's no right or wrong fee.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

1 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
mike_h