29 October 2013 11:17
Tahnee
Model
Tahnee
Leicestershire
leicester

Hey,
I am looking for a little advice!

I've always loved tattoos and I really want some more but I am worried it might stop me from getting so much work..
I don't want to be completely covered but I have always wanted a sleeve

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Profile Pictures is off-line
29 October 2013 11:40
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

The tattoos are statistically likely to be with you longer than a modelling career. The rest is down to personal choice. Some feel negative about tattoos on models, others are positive.

ImperfectRose is off-lineSilver Member
29 October 2013 12:19
SoftGentle
Model
SoftGentle
Greater Manchester
Leigh

I have 25 tattoos and im getting a sleevve a chest piece and mu leg done next. i have a good amount of people that are fans off my ink. i see it as its your body. dont focus on modelling taking priority unless u plan on being massive. Good luck

Roswell Ivory is off-line
29 October 2013 13:27
Roswell_Ivory
Model
Roswell_Ivory
London
FULL-TIME TRAVELLER AVAILABLE ANYWHERE

Hey there!

It depends on if you'd like to make a full-time living from modelling and if so, what genre you'll be working in (predominantly- I know we all cross genres).

Tattoos pretty much kill an art-nude career flat and *may* lose you some fashion jobs but in alternative work, it's a bonus and there is a good market for tattooed glamour models too.

R xx
WEBSITE: http://www.roswellivory.co.uk BLOG: http://roswellivory.wordpress.com

Tahnee is off-line
29 October 2013 15:30
Tahnee
Model
Tahnee
Leicestershire
leicester

Thanks for your advice
Much appreciated

TarMoo is off-line
29 October 2013 15:33
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

There are some popular tattooed models covering a variety of genres, for example Becky Holt, Jemma Funge, Cervena Fox, Maja Stina ... The artwork needs to be top quality, otherwise it would put people off. I am put off by large blocks of text models have as tattoos.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

Chris is off-line
04 November 2013 14:06
CCP
Photographer
CCP
Essex
Near East London

As someone with tattoos myself, I just ask you to think about one thing. In the long term, the more visible your tattoos are, the more likely you'll be treated like a second class citizen by a large section of the general public. You will lose out on jobs you want, and you will find that people look down on you, and look upon you like you are a criminal type. As someone who once really liked ink, I have now become someone who not only regrets having them, but now sees them as something to hide rather than display with pride. Think very carefully before you go ahead. Like so many of us, you may well regret them in the future.

Chris. frown

Stu Buckland is off-line
04 November 2013 16:26
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider
Kent
Maidstone

I'm generally fine with tattoos, and as Tarmoo said, as long as it's good quality work, then it's cool...

...except on the chest, boobs or tummy. For me that's a deal-breaker. I think once you start covering the whole front area, you take the feminine look away a tad too much. This is of course just my thoughts, and is not a 'fact'. But that's how I see it.

Aegean is off-line
05 November 2013 02:57
AegeanSoft
Photographer
AegeanSoft
London

As a photographer I won't employ models with extensive tattoos. Small, pretty, discrete tattoos can be acceptable but full sleeves, definitely not. I find that extensive obtrusive tattoos severely limit the photographic opportunities for me. So, my preference when paying for a model is to employ those without tattoos. In my opinion if you want a full sleeve tattoo then have one, but possibly expect fewer modelling jobs as a consequence.
www.aegeansoft.com Adult and fetish web site designers photographers and video producers

Jas is off-line
05 November 2013 03:31
Jas
Photographer

Hertfordshire

As a photographer I personally do not like tattoos but as a Dad I feel you would eventually regret it!

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Hann kacie Kerrylou Kitty_1 RoxyMendez
2bridgesphotography bob22 copperbronze Don_Dark duncanjames ellessephotography firsttake Funder005 hjphoto humphries mlp nickdandalos parafotos siclews trouble72