theperfectgentleman is off-line
26 October 2013 18:44
theperfectgentleman
Photographer
theperfectgentleman
Essex
Chelmsford

Lets set it up for you.

A extremely good and attractive Italian lady photographer in her 20's and a boring old fart nearly 70 discussing a shoot and what is beauty.

It was a recent suicide girls shoot that we were talking about and the subject of ink came up.

In the course of the conversation we came to the conclusion that neither of us had seen a decent artist that is a tattooist, and why is the beauty and shape of the human form contaminated by permanent colours.

What's your thoughts.

Paul Hodson is off-line
26 October 2013 18:59
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Profile Pictures is off-line
26 October 2013 19:25
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

My thoughts are irrelevant I think, in this matter it's really up to the individuals concerned and to model selection isn't it? You'd always be better off talking about photography I reckon.

Gerry is off-line
26 October 2013 20:01
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Maybe the people concerned don't share your view?

The more people who don't like tattoos go on about it, the more likely those that do will go and get more, particularly if the old and young farts use such condescending terms as contaminating the human form [ie the form someone else wants them to have]
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

27 October 2013 00:21
johnlp
Photographer

In the right context, and well executed, they can look very good e.g. nude, outdoor location shoots. When lingerie is the main theme they can overwhelm and distract.

I have real difficulty with "personalized" tattoos, peoples names, quotes from poems etc.  I really don't want them on my photographs.

On the whole I avoid in photographic work.

From a personal point of view I don't object to them at all, but if asked I'll express my opinions about individual tattoos in the same way that I might a painting.

27 October 2013 04:19
twentytwenty
Photographer

If you don't like tattoo's, the answers simple don't book tattooed Models.

I detest people who because they own a camera, think they can dictate their views about tattoo's on everybody else. and this subject has been done to death already.

Mind its about time a tattooed model started a thread, complaining about non tattooed people.

Samantha Duell is off-line
27 October 2013 06:50
SDuell
Photographer
SDuell
Cambridgeshire
whittlesey

personally girls with tattoos are sexy but then im a girl and i have tattoos

27 October 2013 07:14
johnlp
Photographer

Quote from SDuell
personally girls with tattoos are sexy but then im a girl and i have tattoos

Obviously my view, but, I don't see how it could possibly add to a girl being "sexy".  A total put off to see "Daren" emblazoned across a girl's buttocks just as life is becoming interesting.  A girl is either sexy or she's not.  No amount of jewellry, make-up or ink will change that. 

Samantha Duell is off-line
27 October 2013 08:03
SDuell
Photographer
SDuell
Cambridgeshire
whittlesey

names of people are the decision of the individual i have a name tattoo my grandad who died in april

but photoshop the name if you dont like it in your image

also tattoos are an art form in there own right and beauty is in the eye of the beholder

tomhl is off-line
27 October 2013 09:10
tomhl
Photographer
tomhl
Ayrshire
Dumfries,Ayr,Carlisle,Glasgow,Manchester

Quote from theperfectgentleman

In the course of the conversation we came to the conclusion that neither of us had seen a decent artist that is a tattooist,

What's your thoughts.

So you are saying  the small town £20 tattooist is the same as the award winning £2000 tattoo artist? ie all crap?

You pay for what you get in tattoos, but to say none of them are decent artists is a joke. Having just watched a few programmes on the process of becoming a tattooist on the Sunset Strip in America , most tattooists study fine art at university before becoming one and they are amazing artists.

Some tattoos on models are dreadful, but some are amazing. But with over 50% of all 18-40 year olds in the UK having a tattoo it's rather silly not wanting to work with tattooed models..

My imagination wants to see the vivid colours of reality .

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
carinasl Just_janine kamazoo missminiskirt PrettyDiamond RISelene rob452 Zhiying
andrewmoon beaverray bob22 Dave@studio99 Don_Dark fannmore frankpht James7799 Jse_photography Manchestertog1 photomart quercus rscott360