Reminder Secure

Any experts on peanuts/monkey nuts out there?

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
23 October 2013 14:48
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from clearview_photography
Wow, you certainly know your nuts 

I've been surrounded by nuts most of my working life. 

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Imagery is off-line
24 October 2013 00:00
Imagery
Photographer

North Yorkshire

Quote from Fisherface
Is this similar to blind daffodils?

Yes indeed similar causes, it's just really the seed (or flower) aborting due to a stress factor. Can be nutrients , disease or sometimes pest.

24 October 2013 03:09
Dani-Elle
Model

As a child I always thought peanuts were a disappointment - they always seemed to look tastier with the shell on! A bit too nutty for me, I'm nuts about nuts that are a bit less nutty like almonds ...now we're talking.
If a job is worth doing, Is worth doing right.

24 October 2013 03:21
johnlp
Photographer

Quote from oceanova
I get distressed when I buy a bag of Pistachio nuts and most of them are unsplit. Have you tried opening them??

Yes, and I frequently break my nails trying to do it.  Nut crackers are the only solution, but by the time you've done that, the reward hardly justifies the effort.

GrahamWhite is off-lineSilver Member
25 October 2013 16:57
grahamwhite
Photographer
grahamwhite
Warwickshire
Leamington Spa

Quote from Dani-Elle
As a child I always thought peanuts were a disappointment - they always seemed to look tastier with the shell on! A bit too nutty for me, I'm nuts about nuts that are a bit less nutty like almonds ...now we're talking.

+1

We get through a big bag of almonds every week. It started as a health thing, now we just eat too many of the damn things

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
dbturner Jo80 Looby88 Winterlilly
AndyGStudios antoinewynn carshaltonkev dby47 diphoto dirkus dorrian George99 grahamr john_at_tina_spice JohnDentonPhoto Kjoservices Ladiesman Omalley ricciarelli Rob77 scottmcccxiv Sp_digital Spiritofwales stevegosh Steveh32 Thunder_Photos