Reminder Secure

Any experts on peanuts/monkey nuts out there?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
22 October 2013 15:24
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Why is it that every now and again when you crack open a peanut shell you sometimes only get one nut in it despite the shell looking like there should be two?

When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Mad Mod is off-line
22 October 2013 16:08
MadMod
Make-up Artist
MadMod
West Sussex

One nut short of a picnic, hun?

Chosin is a moderatorPlatinum Member
22 October 2013 16:09
Chosin
Model
Chosin
Hampshire

Awww leave him alone 
I am old enough to say I have done it, and still young enough to do it again! ;}

22 October 2013 16:16
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Just sat munching on a bowl of them and I'm getting some hollow ones, and utterly baffled as to how the shells get their shape without a nut inside.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Andy_B is off-lineSilver Member
22 October 2013 16:22
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
London
London

Peanuts aren't nuts, they're legumes...

http://www.peanut-institute.org/peanut-facts/

Rupert Rudd is off-line
22 October 2013 16:22
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

False pregnancy?
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

22 October 2013 16:31
johnlp
Photographer

I think, if you REALLY look hard you'll find a tiny shrivelled up nut/seed. Therefore there was one forming, but it stopped (for unknown reasons), but the shell/pod was still doing it's thing.

22 October 2013 16:41
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from johnlp
I think, if you REALLY look hard you'll find a tiny shrivelled up nut/seed. Therefore there was one forming, but it stopped (for unknown reasons), but the shell/pod was still doing it's thing.

Thanks,  I do occasionally get them with a little shrivled one that I can seen but also get them with seemingly nothing at all and they're the ones that baffle me.  I'm determined to stuff the bag of them tonight so I'll keep a closer eye out when I get another.

Moi is off-line
22 October 2013 17:01
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

The 'empty' ones are for people with nut allegies 
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

22 October 2013 17:12
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Unless there's some thieving sod at the plantation who's cracking them open, pinching the 'nut' and then gluing it back together as some sort of cruel joke.

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Ashleighmckenzie chosin emmaloux md2017
alsos chandos ElegantCaptures Ianmcculloch jccj1 john_at_tina_spice martinchristie oro RenedeHaan shadowtime74 spiritofwales stevegosh Steveh32