OldMaster is off-line
25 October 2013 04:27
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

Well done Snowden I say..a hero.

35 world leaders and 200 plus known phone taps. How bored are the NSA and you can be sure GCHQ are involved up to the hilt as well. Probably mostly to gain unfair commercial advantages but they will claim its for our protection!!

But please lets not hear the OldMaster is a naughty person about protecting us from terrorist attacks. I am probably older than many on here, I remember the IRA bombs, even outside my café in St Albans but I don't recall any terrorist attacks from "Islamist terrorists" until after we had bombed and invaded Iraq?

Thank you USA for dragging us into this and thank you Tony Blair for creating a system whereby ever increasing encroachments on our freedoms and liberty was for our own good!? 911 was of course a horrendous event but history may in time compare this act to US foreign policy and their desire to police other peoples countries. To date I believe they are the only country responsible for dropping atomic weapons, using agent orange and burning the skin of children and villagers with napalm?

And more recently, what a result, hundreds of thousands of citizens murdered in Iraq and the disaster that is Afghanistan because a brainless moron could have told them that you won't achieve anything there either and historically never have. The French, the Russians and the Brits whose whole army was slaughtered by the Afghans have never had any influence and never will and even then it was to protect the "Empire" and opium and spice trade routes and keep the rich wealthy. And now after years of our guys being out there having their legs blown off for nothing, what lies are our politicians going to tell us now? Even their own President who the West like to demonise claims that nothing has been achieved but deaths from the allied occupation...so sing about that military wives, how your "heroes" have be maimed and killed for nothing. Still we can all have a coming home marching parade with flags and drums. We might even be able to march through a predominantly Muslim area just to really churn things up?

F*ck the lot of them ...

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
25 October 2013 08:30
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Sorry, but this issue is the biggest load of pinkbuildingphotography is a naughty person ever.

What America did is what all countries do, must do and should do.

If British Intelligence had bugged the Argentinian Presidents phone, and had days before dropped an Airborne Brigade into the Falklands were invaded not one person on here would have questioned it.

What America did wrong was allow an idiot into the system, further allow him to download everything and then broadcast it to the world. The moralistic idiots have then been allowed to shout and jump about nothing.

For allowing this to become public, the US intelligence agencies should carpeted.

(Britain had the same issue about 10 years ago. I think the book was called Spy Catcher)

Anyone who is surprised that the Americans, British and Russians, Chinese, French, Italians, South African's (et al) do this is extremely naive.

The German Intelligence Services will have been doing the same things. That Chancellor Merkel is surprised at this is so disingenuous that it can't be believed by any person with enough brains to breath.

She is using this for political expediency as she should.

Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

25 October 2013 08:31
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

She is a politician, that is her job.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
25 October 2013 09:17
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Quote from OldMaster
But I don't recall any terrorist attacks from "Islamist terrorists" until after we had bombed and invaded Iraq?

Must be age that is dulling your memory then.

SwissAir flight 1972 attacked by the PLP 47 dead
Munich 1972 - The Olympics and Black September 12 athletes killed
TWA Flight 1974 - Black September killed 88 passegers
Saudi Arabia 1979 - Mosque attacked - 250 killed 600 wounded or injured
Beiruit 1983 - Islamic attack on US barracks killed 380 US, French and Lebanese
Bombay 1993 - bomb attack kills 257 injures 713
Buenos Aires 1994 - Islamists attack Jewish synagogue and kill 85 and injure a further 300
Tanzania and Kenya  1998 - US embassies attacked 224 dead over 4,000 injured
Atlantic 1999 - Egypt air flight blown up by suicide bomber off US Coast killing all 217 on board 
Russia 1999 - a series of co-ordinated bombings in four cities kills 300 and injures over 1,000
October 2000 - Attack on USS Cole in Aden

and those are just the more obvious ones that are easily recalled.

It was broken when I got here

25 October 2013 09:36
ATVLONDON
Photographer

Blimey it's getting like Purple Port on here. I'm going back to my bunker.
My doctor told me I've only got 6 months to live. Then I told him I couldn't pay him... so he gave me another 6 months.

HowardJ is off-line
03 November 2013 15:42
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

In the age of international terrorism and easy communications eavesdropping is a necessity whether you like it or not. I'm sure every government eavesdrops on as much communications as it can and the NSA are well known for providing funding to tech companies which develop technologies for speech analytics, big data data mining, etc.

Just accept that nothing is really private and enjoy life.

Phil_M is off-line
03 November 2013 16:14
Phil_M
Photographer
Phil_M
Greater Manchester
Stockport

Tapping the phone of the German chancellor? Outrageous.

Surely the free world has learned never to be concerned about what the leader of Germany is up to.

03 November 2013 16:16
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

I think that the issue with the Chancellor is that she was unable to tap the American President's phone. Therefore she is pinkbuildingphotography is a naughty person ed off and decided to get her own back.

Oliver Cook is off-line
03 November 2013 17:34
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Malta

Ducks. Never trust them.

Mad Mod is off-line
03 November 2013 17:46
MadMod
Make-up Artist
MadMod
West Sussex

Quote from artistoli
Ducks. Never trust them.

You're quackers!

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs Craigchesham Maryrose Teela
andrewf Andy_B bbphotos beachman carshaltonkev cliffc Danneu david1500 djb1 duncanjames Gaudinio Ianmcculloch iestyn Images1854 James7799 john_at_tina_spice JohnDentonPhoto mareeoosh mauricesimagery modelboutique nemesis pixelking Rule_of_Thumb Shootonlocation Speedbird1977