who are the real terrorists ?

Andy is off-line
22 October 2013 10:27
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

NSA intercept 70 million phone and text conversations in one month in France alone ! Obama forced to apologise
amnesty international officially accuse them of war crimes over drone attacks in Pakistan ! by also killing innocent men, women and children, (over 1000 civilians inc 200 children) not even an internal investigation is on the cards, while others call for an international inquiry 

is it any wonder parts of the world cannot stand them ? 
do you think they are justified in their actions in order to secure safety for their own country ?

Discuss..............

personally i believe the varoius military and government agencies are now a law unto themselves and dont give a toss about who is the commander and chief as they pull his strings, not the other way around, and what other countries think of them is irrelevant

lets get shootin

photo_phil is off-line
22 October 2013 14:32
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
Lincolnshire
Coningsby

Are we being asked to discuss or instructed?

Personally I have no problem with drone strikes, air strikes, Tomahawks, Special a Forces or full invasion if it stops another 9/11 or 7/7.
I'm glad there are people prepared to make controversial and unpopular decisions to protect us.

Accepting the loud minority will always make a lot of noise while the silent majority quietly go on with their lives, but I feel safer knowing there are people prepared to protect us from harm. Yes, these strikes feed recruits to our enemies, but what is our choice?
More indiscriminate bombings, pirates, chemical weapon strikes and Sharia Law?

Minty is off-line
22 October 2013 15:03
Dickymint
Photographer
Dickymint
Lincolnshire
Grantham

New world order..

Nick Atkins is off-lineGold Member
23 October 2013 01:50
NATKINS
Photographer
NATKINS
Oxfordshire

I think the real crime is that there is no longer any independent journalism in war zones so we are out of touch with the true horror of what is going on.

After the adverse publicity during the Vietnam war which portrayed the full horror of war, Western leaders - starting with Thatcher during the Falklands war - stifled independent journalism.

Journalists in recent conflicts have been cherry picked and censored to report 'positively' on recent wars such as Kuwait, Iraq and Afganistan. All our expeditionary forces are labelled 'Heroes' and all the dead civilians 'collateral damage'.

Rant over...
I've taken a vow of poverty - if you really want to annoy me, send money.

Paul Hodson is off-line
23 October 2013 03:14
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from NATKINS
I think the real crime is that there is no longer any independent journalism in war zones so we are out of touch with the true horror of what is going on. After the adverse publicity during the Vietnam war which portrayed the full horror of war, Western leaders - starting with Thatcher during the Falklands war - stifled independent journalism.

So you think the reporting in WW I and WW II was accurate and uncontrolled?
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Nick Atkins is off-lineGold Member
23 October 2013 03:24
NATKINS
Photographer
NATKINS
Oxfordshire

Quote from mph
So you think the reporting in WW I and WW II was accurate and uncontrolled?

No I don't - I think it was part of the propaganda machine, pretty much as it is today ...

I've taken a vow of poverty - if you really want to annoy me, send money.

23 October 2013 03:44
ATVLONDON
Photographer

Here's a bit of conspiracy theory. Did you know that the captain of one of the ships involved in the Gulf of Tonkin incident was the father of the late Doors singer Jim Morrison? It later became known that no torpedo attack had occured against US warships in that area of Vietnam. It was the justification that America needed to go into the Vietnam war.
My doctor told me I've only got 6 months to live. Then I told him I couldn't pay him... so he gave me another 6 months.

photo_phil is off-line
23 October 2013 15:02
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
Lincolnshire
Coningsby

Quote from

All our expeditionary forces are labelled 'Heroes' and all the dead civilians 'collateral damage'

I'm glad we have heroes to face horror and violence in our name.
There'd be a lot of loud voices wanting to know what was being done if there was another 7/7.

Danny Barr is off-line
24 October 2013 15:46
Danny_Bs_Photos
Photographer

Nottinghamshire
Chilwell

I've been to Afghanistan, and I can honestly say that 99.99% of the troops out there are professional and behave with fantastic restraint every day. I do agree however that sometimes the Americans believe themselves to be above the law, and don't understand that they are making enemies everywhere.

I remember a few days after 9/11 and the US ambassador to London crying on tv, completely unable to understand why a lot of people hate Americans - they believe they can do no wrong, displaying massive levels of arrogance. All this despite having a military system full of inexperienced commanders in junior posts. And a war like Afghanistan is a junior leaders war, it isn't fought by generals moving armies around, it's fought by small groups of men and women acting separately with a common aim.

Razoir is off-line
24 October 2013 16:00
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

Anyone you disagree with is a terrorist, or potential terrorist.

Anyone you agree with is a brave, self-sacrificing, heroic freedom fighter. Brimming over with common sense.
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

11 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Just_Janine mandymack
Andrew88 ATDIMAGES cps evopro Gaudinio grahamsphotography paletesdeluz Philski rscott360