Reminder Secure

Thinking of moving to Scotland. Will I need to quit modelling?!

RoxyMendez is off-lineSilver Member
18 October 2013 08:55
RoxyMendez
Model
RoxyMendez
Worcestershire
Malvern

Hello... I am really thinking of moving to Scotland.

Probably sometime early next year. So my question is, is there really much modelling work up there? (up to adult)

I'm unsure where exactly I'd like to move. Perhaps Edinburgh way. I'm thinking there's not enough photographers to continue my modelling full time.

Any comments welcome.

Thank you

Roxy

KHV is off-line
18 October 2013 11:19
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

Yes there is but on a vastly reduced scale.

Chrissie Red is off-line
18 October 2013 12:08
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Can't speak for adult stuff although I am aware of a few photographers who shoot it..

I know though for nude its not very easy during the summer because there are usually quite a lot of models touring up here at any given time. Winter is the best time of year for me generally and 80% of my bookings are repeats and almost all but a few are location shoots.

ps- if it makes any difference at all, if I didn't have a house/family and my partner didn't have a decent job up here I probably would opt to be down South.

18 October 2013 12:41
RoxyMendez
Model
RoxyMendez
Worcestershire
Malvern

Thanks for all your comments. Much appreciated.. I agree.. South is better for work, like London etc but we will see :-)

Thanks again. Roxy

18 October 2013 13:46
martinphoto
Photographer

I wouldn't expect you'd have a full time income - but would likely be able to continue part time and with a little focussed networking could build up a regular, repeat client list. As Chrissie says - July and August is tourist season with many models coming up to tour, so you would have an advantage outside of these months.

Edinburgh is a great city - hope you make the right decision for you - and if you do come up, mine's a pint!
Cheers, Brian Delivering Excellence Always

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
18 October 2013 14:15
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from RoxyMendez
Hello... I am really thinking of moving to Scotland. Probably sometime early next year. So my question is, is there really much modelling work up there? (up to adult) I'm unsure where exactly I'd like to move. Perhaps Edinburgh way. I'm thinking there's not enough photographers to continue my modelling full time. Any comments welcome. Thank you Roxy

Just remember you'll need a passport at the border and you may be asked to adopt an orphaned haggis 

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

18 October 2013 14:55
RoxyMendez
Model
RoxyMendez
Worcestershire
Malvern

Haha thanks for that. Yes well I suppose I could just get all the modelling work I can and have another part time job.

Hmmmm big decision. :-)

18 October 2013 16:51
_Maz_
Model

To be perfectly honest, I don't think Scotland is a great place for modelling (esp paid work).
You'll most likely get the bookings in initially because you are travelling up from England - English models seem to be more popular up here. (Which works both ways for when Scottish models go down south)
I wouldn't come up for the sole purpose of modelling full time, as it most likely won't be financially viable. If I could, I'd move down South!
Scottish Alternative Model, represented by Spirit Model Management. Just a wee bit bonkers ;) www.kasuminoir.co.uk

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
18 October 2013 18:40
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

I think you might find it difficult and need to tour regularly. The NW of England is good for work. Good luck!

KevinJS is off-lineGold Member
19 October 2013 02:31
KevinJS
Photographer

London
London

Hi Roxy,
Scotland should not be too much of a problem for you if you can organise tours. As Chrissie said models tour up there in summer, from your perspective that would be a good time to tour England.
Hotel accommodation can be expensive, but google is your friend and deals can be found, same with public transport if you do not have a car. In London decent accommodation can be found for a little as £28 per night if you do it correctly.
You will have to be mobile but you should still make a living
I want to die in my sleep, like my grandather. Not screaming like his passengers

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
pinklilly
chandos FirstLifePhotography Nunude steveh32