Reminder Secure

New 'edgy' image- Hit or Miss?

Katie Soze is off-line
28 October 2013 16:37
katiesoze
Photographer
katiesoze
South Yorkshire

Nothing to add apart from *sigh* you're so gorge...

Kevin W is off-lineSilver Member
28 October 2013 18:04
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
London
Carshalton / Surrey / Greater London

I saw this image very soon after you had loaded it on your profile and I thought it was dreadful. I was hardly going to write to you and say, "Hey River, that photo of you is dreadful." But I really think it is.

I defy anybody to take a less flattering photo of you. I would not call it "edgy". I'm sure you could have edgy photos taken that still preserve your very pretty look, but give you a bit more oomph!

Or was it taken on a very bad day just after you got out of bed suffering from flu?!

Well it is different. 99% of photographers use editing to make models look better. It is very rare that photpgraphers use editing to spoil a model's looks!

Apologies if this sounds harsh. It is not a criticism of you personally, just the image!
As in life, so in a game of hazard, skill will make something of the worst of throws.

King13 is off-lineSilver Member
30 October 2013 18:44
kingnorman13NK
Photographer

London

A Miss.
Certainly nothing to do with edgy to my eye, and I can't see that it adds anything to your portfolio. I'd remove it.

I can see why you might want to add something different to your Port. You look to have so much potential that hasn't been released yet.

Good luck.

Steve M is off-line
31 October 2013 16:16
TheShinyOne
Photographer
TheShinyOne
London

Its a miss for me as well, just looks like poor processing in my view. Sorry ! I can understand showing something different, compared to other styles on your portfolio, but beauty work is your strength and this image doesn't fit.
I live for the nights that I can't remember / with the people that I can't forget

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
01 November 2013 12:04
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I see nothing wrong with the process applied but it needs to be applied to a suitable image. Here it comes over as an attempt to salvage a photo that did not quite work as a glamour or other style of image. That left hand for example does not seem to be doing anything while the expression, while at least not a glamour pout has nothing to add in this particular instance.

Now had you come to the shoot with this im mind and prepared accordingly however the 'edgy' processing may well have worked. For example a dirty torn top with oil stains and no bra beneath (I dont mean nipples on show) An old spanner or tool in your hand and a more aggressive pose that suits the facial expression could give a very different image that would suit an effect like that.

In short it is one of those images that did not quite work but potentially suggests a future shoot that couls be quite hot.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
CIEGE_CJ Craigchesham
andygstudios