Reminder Secure

IMF to tax our savings?

15 October 2013 14:12
ATVLONDON
Photographer

I don't want to come across all conspiratorial but there seems to be a plan by the IMF to tax all bank deposits in the Eurozone for a one off 10% levy.  There is a document PDF available on the IMF website calledTaxing Times.  Someone tell me I'm over reacting.
My doctor told me I've only got 6 months to live. Then I told him I couldn't pay him... so he gave me another 6 months.

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
15 October 2013 15:21
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

You are not over reacting, Just remember what's theirs is theirs and what's yours is theirs. and you wont go far wrong

Neil Anderson is off-line
15 October 2013 19:21
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from ATVLONDON
I don't want to come across all conspiratorial but there seems to be a plan by the IMF to tax all bank deposits in the Eurozone for a one off 10% levy.  There is a document PDF available on the IMF website calledTaxing Times.  Someone tell me I'm over reacting.

The IMF is the International Monetary Fund it has a wide membership including the Uk and USA and (probably) all euro zone countries.
The Uk still uses the £ sterling. You might have noticed that we don't use Euros, and it does not require huge intelligence to guess that the Uk is not part of the Eurozone.

So your comment doesn't actually have the credibility of the stupidest conspiracy theory.

There does seem the faintest similarity between this story and what happened in Cyprus.

Luckily that nice Mister Brown wouldn't let nasty Mr Blair take us into the Euro, so you only need to worry about the decline in your savings due to mismanagement by the current government which has probably been greater than 10% if you have them in a bank or building society.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Frank Sinnott is off-line
15 October 2013 20:59
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

Well they'll get 10% of nothing from me seen as I haven't got anything. Not so daft after all

16 October 2013 04:08
ATVLONDON
Photographer

Quote from stolenfaces
The IMF is the International Monetary Fund it has a wide membership including the Uk and USA and (probably) all euro zone countries. The Uk still uses the £ sterling. You might have noticed that we don't use Euros, and it does not require huge intelligence to guess that the Uk is not part of the Eurozone. So your comment doesn't actually have the credibility of the stupidest conspiracy theory. There does seem the faintest similarity between this story and what happened in Cyprus. Luckily that nice Mister Brown wouldn't let nasty Mr Blair take us into the Euro, so you only need to worry about the decline in your savings due to mismanagement by the current government which has probably been greater than 10% if you have them in a bank or building society.

Well let's hope you're right.  I mean I'm no expert on anything financial, but let's face it we are being ruled by cheats and liars, and if you believe anything they tell you...
My doctor told me I've only got 6 months to live. Then I told him I couldn't pay him... so he gave me another 6 months.

Paul Hodson is off-line
16 October 2013 04:56
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from stolenfaces
.................. so you only need to worry about the decline in your savings due to mismanagement by the current government .

surprisesurprisesurprise
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

1 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
rscott360