Reminder Secure

Why do photographers pay expenses?

Derek Brewster is off-line
17 October 2013 05:35
pygar1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

I'd suggest whoever has the commercial rights to the images should be the one who pays!

Gerry is off-line
17 October 2013 06:36
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Quote from pygar1
I'd suggest whoever has the commercial rights to the images should be the one who pays!

I can just see someone like Silverlight reaching for his cheque book on your say so to pay models. I thought it had finally been established that supply and demand sets who has to pay and neither side is forced to do anything they don't want to.

If you have a product that is in demand, people will bend over backwards to work with you, if the demand is not there, you will have to compromise to get interest. If you are a generous and kind soul, you may offer to pay regardless. I am not sure why rules have to be established to explain this when they are completely unenforceable and people work in different ways

If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
amber6 AmberBray Cody Jessicaliu1993 Pinklilly
abouncer antoinewynn davejarvis Don_Dark ellessephotography George99 jefflynne Kjoservices modelboutique Morgan_L peteb poah psn riddell Rule_of_Thumb siclews soulc steveh32 Steveharratt Thunder_Photos TonyNutley