Reminder Secure

Skin Smoothing

14 October 2013 05:08
henry
Photographer
This member has been suspended

If you look at most models portfolios then you will see that they have used some 'Skin Smoothing' in their pictures. This can vary from a little to a lot and can be  well done or just turn their skin into a plastic coating.
I personally want to see what a model looks like in reality, not an 'edited' version.
Could I ask all models to supply at least a few natural photos of themselves so I can see what the model who knocks on my studio door is going to REALLY look like?

KHV is off-line
14 October 2013 05:25
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

You can ask but remember they (the model) has only the shots that they have been given, which do tend to be edited in some way.

Gerry is off-line
14 October 2013 05:38
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

You can ask them to supply them to you before deciding. Whether they will do or not is another matter but you cannot expect them to put them on their portfolio
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

ImperfectRose is off-lineSilver Member
14 October 2013 13:41
SoftGentle
Model
SoftGentle
Greater Manchester
Leigh

I have all my togs on facebook so i put lotsa regular selgies on. altho most my images arent edited just cropped etc x

15 October 2013 02:10
Triplechic
Model

I must admit that I have asked photographers not too edit my pics so much, I am a mature model and as such I don't want to appear as a 40 year old when I am actually 60! It won't help me get any commercial work it's just unrealistic, flattering but unrealistic ;-)
Looking for that outgoing mature model! Then look no further contact me today!

8 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
cps jackw johndt photofrank stevegosh Steveh32 timwalton42 woody