Reminder Secure

What next ?

Jonathan is off-line
12 October 2013 13:09
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

Is Scotland about to leave the Union ?  (Yes sadly, I think it is)

Is membership of the EU a liability ?  ( I don't think so)

Should we apply to be another State of the USA ?  (Yep for sure)

Any opinions I wonder   ???

Relax, take it easy and float down-stream with the Sandy Camel

DJ200 is off-line
12 October 2013 13:55
DJ200
Photographer
DJ200
Hertfordshire

No
Yes
No

Mickey is off-line
12 October 2013 14:13
mikethefoto
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
mikethefoto
Worcestershire

Quote from DJ200
No
Yes
No

+1

Jonathan is off-line
12 October 2013 15:17
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

Believe me, within the year, the shock waves of Scotland leaving the Union will shake England to the core and may very well cause melt-down in the proceeding decades. Yep.

I will remember to re-activate this thread at that point. 

Relax, take it easy and float down-stream with the Sandy Camel

Bill Haley is off-lineSilver Member
13 October 2013 11:06
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
Hampshire
Portsmouth

Quote from DJ200
No
Yes
No

+2
How hard can it be?

Neil Anderson is off-line
13 October 2013 11:27
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from SandyCamel
Believe me, within the year, the shock waves of Scotland leaving the Union will shake England to the core and may very well cause melt-down in the proceeding decades. Yep.

I will remember to re-activate this thread at that point. 

There doesn't seem any particular reason to think that the Scots would vote to leave.
As long as Cameron is kept out of the debate (note how Salmon is desperate to get him involved)

I notice that no-one produces any serious reasons why EU membership is a bad thing, just ridiculous anecdotes mostly notable for their xenophobia and memories of empire.

Meanwhile the concept of democracy is shown to be a joke in the USA as the Republicans refuse to accept that Obama actually received a popular mandate in 2 elections.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Paul Hodson is off-line
13 October 2013 13:07
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from stolenfaces
Meanwhile the concept of democracy is shown to be a joke in the USA as the Republicans refuse to accept that Obama actually received a popular mandate in 2 elections.

Because Congress is unelected?

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Keith Wells is off-lineSilver Member
13 October 2013 13:13
keithpics
Photographer

East Sussex
Brighton

No, Scotland probably won't leave the Union - unless the English are also allowed to vote.

Yes, membership of the EU is and always has been an enormous liability. Examples? It might be okay for large multi-national businesses. It's a major hindrance for small businesses who want to export, especially outside the EU. It's very expensive for us to be a member, far more than the value it is to us. We are bogged down by never-ending new regulations that do nothing to enhance our life-style or protect it. Of course, we'll never be allowed to leave. They'll just keep forcing us to have more referenda until they get the vote they want.

Not sure, there would be some advantages to being a state of the USA but maybe not enough to make it worth it. Better than being a member of the EU though, at least they make a pretence of being democratic.

13 October 2013 13:54
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from mph
Because Congress is unelected?

How many republicans in the house of representatives were elected with the explicit mandate to block the budget ?
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

13 October 2013 14:05
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from keithpics
No, Scotland probably won't leave the Union - unless the English are also allowed to vote.

Yes, membership of the EU is and always has been an enormous liability. Examples? It might be okay for large multi-national businesses. It's a major hindrance for small businesses who want to export, especially outside the EU. It's very expensive for us to be a member, far more than the value it is to us. We are bogged down by never-ending new regulations that do nothing to enhance our life-style or protect it. Of course, we'll never be allowed to leave. They'll just keep forcing us to have more referenda until they get the vote they want.

Not sure, there would be some advantages to being a state of the USA but maybe not enough to make it worth it. Better than being a member of the EU though, at least they make a pretence of being democratic.

These are the usual generalised comments about the EU which just don't have any actual substance - if you have any proper arguments, which actual facts, why not offer them.
My simplistic view is that if Murdoch and the Daily Mail don't like it, then there must be something going for it.
As it happens most people to the left of Tony Benn oppose the EU as a capitalist club.

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
fashion29 ladysextasy maria_dyl Rae_raven RedXXX Wonderlandsherellex Xgreeneyesx
antoinewynn bengie Davebu dirkus djb1 gordon guitarman gwentman Hazy Hioctane James7799 jccj1 Jph1954 Ladiesman MIB modelboutique ownimage panda49 PhotoSpyroS Rhadamanthus shadowtime74 steveh32 Thechriss tms Zuiko