I Hate Swingers!

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
01 October 2013 14:22
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Have a look at YouTube. The roadhawks have GPS tracking which gives accurate time, date location and most importantly speed. It also just works whenever powered, other cameras (like GoPro for example) need constant user intervention. It also has a g-force meter which could detect whether or not you applied the brakes before an impact (for example). It has surpassed my expectations.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

01 October 2013 14:24
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Here's a short sample from my car taken a few weeks ago:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gjj3y9un6fxhl55/09-09-2013-16-45-02_0015.MP4

If you download the Roadhawk HD app off their website and open this file from that, you'll then see the map, speed and g-force meter.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

CGW is off-line
01 October 2013 14:44
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

Quote from RedChecker
Here's a short sample from my car taken a few weeks ago:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gjj3y9un6fxhl55/09-09-2013-16-45-02_0015.MP4

If you download the Roadhawk HD app off their website and open this file from that, you'll then see the map, speed and g-force meter.

I've been doing a bit of research, looking at the Blackvue and also this one:
http://www.mi-witness.co.uk/?gclid=CNqQ3p6l9rkCFcLHtAod4XYA5g

02 October 2013 03:01
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from cgwebster
I've been doing a bit of research, looking at the Blackvue and also this one: http://www.mi-witness.co.uk/?gclid=CNqQ3p6l9rkCFcLHtAod4XYA5g

The video on my Roadhawk looks better than that of the Mi-Witness from what I can see (it also allows higher res video, higher framerate, more memory and it's slightly wider angle).  The drawback of the Roadhawk is that it looks much larger than those other two so is obviously less subtle when installed.

The Blackvue looks interesting though, simply for the motion sensor while parked (I've had a few friends get their cars dented in while unattended carparks recently), but it's a hell of a lot more expensive at £360 (I got mine on a special so only paid £230 at the time) and obviously it would only work if your car was struck directly in front or behind (as it seems it is a two-camera system).

I wasn't really in the market for one of these when I bought the Roadhawk (and I'll confess I didn't do much research but since it was on a special offer it was a no-brainer) but having some dickhead of a teenager on a bike suddenly swerve in front of my bonnet without looking in a 40mph village was the final straw (among almost daily silly road incidents on my 35 mile each way journey to work).  Fortunately I stopped in time (with inches to spare) but the realisation of having the book thrown at me without evidence was too much to think about as I cannot afford to have blemishes on my licence.

02 October 2013 08:03
JennyWren
Model
This member has been reset to pending

I'm saving for one so this is interesting. If I'd had one a few years back I could have been spared an insurance claim against me that has rendered me unable to afford to insure my own car. Have to be a named driver on my other halfs car whilst mine rots under SORN on the driveway.
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

CGW is off-line
03 October 2013 14:52
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

Quote from RedChecker

The Blackvue looks interesting though, simply for the motion sensor while parked (I've had a few friends get their cars dented in while unattended carparks recently), but it's a hell of a lot more expensive at £360 (I got mine on a special so only paid £230 at the time) and obviously it would only work if your car was struck directly in front or behind (as it seems it is a two-camera system).

there are several models of Blackvue, the 500 has wireless for around £260 so you can load events onto your smartphone, the 550 adds the second camera channel. I'm still undecided, I found this chinese one, £90 includes GPS in the mount, Mini 0801 Car DVR

Some great compilations of accidents captured on car cams on youtube, just search for "russian car camera". Actually, great is the wrong description - just shows how fast things can unfold and it'll make you feel (a bit) better about the driving standards here in the UK. And the standards of our roads as well.

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs funali OlgaCabaeva Sarahjaynex SofeSamM
bbphotos blade01uk darkstone_photo Davetse ev0 girlsinframes humphries john_at_tina_spice julienlesage Ladiesman markeos50d moritz78 soulc Spiritofwales stephenmuddell sutty251