Durham Photographics is off-lineSilver Member
02 October 2013 03:10
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
County Durham

Quote from SDuell
thanks for pointing that out I am in deed a female not a male photographer

why is it people automaticly think your male cause your a photographer ???????

The same reasons why people think you are female because you are a model I guess, because of the majority.

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
06 October 2013 05:51
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

Quote from SDuell

so my question is - did I do the right thing telling her she isn't a mainstream model therefore I wont pay her?

would you do the same with a model who has the same experience?

If your policy is not to pay non-maintream models and you considered her not to be a mainstream model, then you were just being up-front.

No, I personally wouldn't do the same thing with a model. In agreeing a particular deal, I'm required only to consider the costs and the benefits. I've negotiated 12-month contracts with first-time newby models on the basis of a single brief first shoot, because they were right for the job. They remain strictly amateur models, which is fine; all that counts is the result.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa karenr ryansd Stephieb27
63jian antoinewynn Auctioneer copperbronze digitizer diphoto edwards GerryS2 guitarman gwentman imageatthemill James7799 Kinggonk love Mattcairns MIB mike0048 orca_photography Photojames43 poah Refinedexposure Rscott360 Rule_of_Thumb Steveh32 tonyk1 whitepython xsa73
harbourstudio